Strip Tease by Carl Hiaasen

Strip Tease (original 1993; edition 2005)

by Carl Hiaasen

When a deranged Florida congressman falls for a gorgeous but virtuous stripper, he dedicates himself to pursuing this tasselled princess who is also a damsel in distress.
Member:Colonino
Title:Strip Tease
Authors:Carl Hiaasen
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2005), Edition: d, Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Read

Strip Tease by Carl Hiaasen (1993)

This was the only Hiaasen I had not read and I saved and saved it. And then I heard he has a new one just about ready, so I read it. I have not seen the movie but I can tell you that the book is great. Such good Hiaasen. The heroine, dancing in a g-string to make enough money to get custody of her little girl from her disastrous ex-husband (who makes his living stealing wheel chairs). The bad guy who is really a good guy. A strange object on an arm (first we had the dog, and then the weed-whacker and now - well, I won't spoil it). A friend of mine wonders what strange substances this author must have in his sugar packets. I just hope he has a lifetime supply. ( )
  susandennis | Jun 5, 2020 |
Erin is fighting her ex-husband (and wheelchair thief), Darrell, for custody of their only child. Unfortunately, this means very big lawyer bills, so she finds a job at a strip club to pay those bills. One night, while dancing, a drunk man comes on stage and wraps his arms around her. Immediately after, another man runs on stage and starts beating the first man with a champagne bottle. The man doing the beating is an upstanding U.S. Congressman, David Dilbeck.

I actually think this may be my favourite book by Hiaasen so far. I've only read four, but this one seemed to have a more complex storyline than the others. I also really liked some of the characters. I do normally enjoy his environmental viewpoint, but the funny thing is - even though this is probably my favourite by him - the environmental stuff was really very minimal background stuff in this one. ( )
  LibraryCin | May 16, 2019 |
Heaps of fun :)
My first Hiaasen and it definitely won't be my last! ( )
  ZoeMarkham | Jan 10, 2018 |
At first, I did not think I would like this, but once I got into it, I really did. It is a fun story, if a tad dated. I want to classify it as suspense, but it is a little too humorous for that. ( )
  bookwyrmm | May 4, 2016 |
Carol Burnett
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |

Carl Hiaasenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Saarinen, OsmoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the amazing Esther Newberg
On the night of September sixth, the eve of Paul Guber's wedding, his buddies took him to a strip joint near Fort Lauderdale for a bachelor party.

Only in America could an innocent, if drunken, guest of honor at a strip joint bachelor party become a mortal threat against Big Money and Big Government. Only in South Florida, land of roadside honky-tonks and sinister pleasure boats - not to mention blackmail and murder - would a virtuous topless dancer join forces with a cool but clueless cop. And only in the fiction of Carl Hiaasen do readers experience riveting suspense and razor-sharp characters along with the most wicked humor imaginable. This is Strip Tease, Hiassen's latest and most inventive tale of save appetites and sweet justice.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,773,179 books! | Top bar: Always visible