American History Stories You Never Read in…

American History Stories You Never Read in School but Should Have Vol.1

by Mara L. Pratt

this book is wonderful! I strongly recommend it for anyone who wants to know more about American history. ( )
  teeney | Mar 14, 2014 |
Very enjoyable, and short. This is a reproduction of at least part of an old history book from the late 1800s. I don't know that the stories included in it are any more true than the Washington and the Cherry Tree bit that most of us have at least heard, but it gives a glimpse into the morals and imaginations of Americans from 100 years ago, which is something that you can't get from secondary sources. ( )
  StarofSophia | Sep 16, 2009 |

This is the story of the American Revolution as you have never read it before. Volume One is a photo-reproduction of an original history book used in 1889 to teach our children the grandeur of the America vision.

It was discovered at a used book sale in a quiet Midwestern Church on the banks of the Mississippi River.

These pages contain the stories of countless men, women and children who pledged their lives, liberty and sacred honor to the grand experiment in freedom; a revolution that would change the world forever.

This book contains the history that schools leave out. It is unfortunate that many of the stories of patriotism are set aside today for current events and more recent historical interpretations. In the mad rush to offer a little piece of history from each American era, the truly inspirational events of our Founding Fathers are lost.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:33 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,022,296 books! | Top bar: Always visible