The Piano [Oxford Bookworms] by Rosemary…

The Piano [Oxford Bookworms]

by Rosemary Border

124None96,716 (3.94)None

English (88)  Japanese (1)  All languages (89)
Tony is poor and does not enjoy school lessons.But except Music.And one day a piano changed his life completely.
I think all man has turning point in their life.But whether man can make it good depends on their effort. This book taught me the wonder of destiny and the importance of effort. ( )
  birdcolor | Jan 23, 2012 |
Tony Evans is very famous and successful pianist. People just think he is great, but hes background is really deep. He experienced so many things.When he was 13 he have to left his school so that he started working at farm. He satisfied with his job. One day when he cleaned up inside a garage, he found an old piano. He had played piano when he went to school, he could play it.

I like playing piano just like Tony so I really enjoed this book. Tony is very talented man. Although he spend hard time when he was child, he became great pianist. I like these kind of story. ( )
  honey-bunny | Jan 20, 2012 |
Tony is a thirteen years old boy. Hi family is very poor. So he can't go to school, and work for farm. One day he found old piano. Although he has never touched the piano, he could play it well...
I was moved by this story.This story's all characters have warmful heart.Once I often played the piano. I want to play the piano again. ( )
  toycat | Jan 18, 2012 |
Tony Evans was poor so when he was thirteen,he must left his school and work in a farm. He liked his job and work hard. And one day, while he was cleaning a garage,he found an old piano. When he touched it he felt comfortable and he could play the piano very well in spite of his few times music lesson.

This story is successful story. I like music (but can't play a piano)too,so I understood his feeling. First I couldn't guess relations between farm and piano,so I enjoy this story's line. After reading, I became calm and wont to play a piano too.(but I can't play a piano.) ( )
  mameko | Jan 15, 2012 |
Tony Evans' family,which had six children was poor,so he began to work on Mr. Wood's farm.One day,he found an old piano and played it.Nobody had taught him before,but his mind told his fingers what to do.At that time,his life got changed.
This story is interesting.I couldn't guess the development.People around him are very kind,I think. ( )
  yuzuo | Jan 15, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0194790681, Paperback)

This award-winning collection of adapted classic literature and original stories develops reading skills for low-beginning through advanced students.

Accessible language and carefully controlled vocabulary build students' reading confidence.

Introductions at the beginning of each story, illustrations throughout, and glossaries help build comprehension.

Before, during, and after reading activities included in the back of each book strengthen student comprehension.

Audio versions of selected titles provide great models of intonation and pronunciation of difficult words.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:27 -0400)

1 avail.1 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,439,641 books! | Top bar: Always visible