A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire,…

A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3) (original 2000; edition 2003)

by George R. R. Martin

Four contend for power over the Iron Throne and the Land of the Seven Kingdoms; alliances shift, and betrayal is always an option. House Lannister's head, Joffrey, rules uneasily. Joffrey's enemy, Lord Stannis, is disgraced and enthralled. Robb of House Stark still rules the North, implacable in his enmity towards his Lannister foes, even as they hold his sister hostage. And the exiled queen Daenerys, mistress of the world's last three dragons, makes her way across a blood-drenched continent. But as opposing forces maneuver for the final titanic showdown, there appears an army of barbaric wildlings, led by undead Others. The unpredictable violence of a final cataclysm is inevitable; the one certain thing is that many men will die upon many swords.… (more)
Member:Corinos
Title:A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3)
Authors:George R. R. Martin
Info:Bantam (2003), Mass Market Paperback
Rating:*****

Work Information

A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin (2000)

Wizard and Glass by Stephen King (asha.leu)
    The Gap into Conflict: The Real Story / The Gap into Vision: Forbidden Knowledge by Stephen Donaldson (reading_fox)
    reading_fox: One is SF the other Fantasy, they may seem very different. But they're both epic in scope, both at the darker end of the human condition, and the writing style is similar. Both tell much larger stories than just the action of the 'hero'.
    Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb (Sandwich76)

I think this is the longest fucking book I have ever read. It was great, but MY GOD IS IT LONG. As with the first two, there were some characters that I enjoyed more than others, but this was the best one yet I think. So much happened. ( )
  banrions | Dec 7, 2021 |
OMG so brutal. My eyes are sore from reading so fast. ( )
  readingjag | Nov 29, 2021 |
Another great entry in the series. I'd understood that this was originally supposed to be a trilogy, but this doesn't end like that. It ends setting things up (and leaving things unresolved) for the next book. Which, honestly, is just fine with me - I'm not done with these characters yet, no matter how quickly the author feels like killing them off! ( )
  KrakenTamer | Oct 23, 2021 |
In book three of A Song of Ice and Fire, the threat in the northern lands of Westeros becomes a reality as the men of the Night's Watch face assaults on the Wall. Meanwhile, the kings and lords to the south are caught up in their own wars and bloodsheds, and Daenerys Targaryen follows her own path in the east. I found this volume a bit less enjoyable, mainly because I didn't like that Mr. Martin killed off some of the characters I liked and added twists that prolonged the storylines of a couple of others. I'm still planning on reading the next book, though, so I have to recommend you check it out. ( )
  Hamburgerclan | Sep 13, 2021 |
I give this a 3.5. I think this one is my favorite so far. I was beginning to think that I wouldn't continue the series, but this book changed my mind. ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
With the end of A Storm of Swords, Martin is half finished his epic. However, so little has been revealed that we have only begun to glimpse what the true saga really is. It's as if you are peering through a dirty window, cleaning small portions of it -- one square inch at a time -- so more and more of the room beyond is slowly revealed. Each glimpse uncovers a new wonder, but you can never be sure of exactly what you are seeing.
added by Shortride | editSF Site, Wayne MacLaurin (Jan 1, 2001)

Martin, George R. R.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Burton, JonathanIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dotrice, RoyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Macía, CristinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vess, CharlesIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for Phyllis

who made me put the dragons in
The day was grey and bitter cold, and the dogs would not take the scent.
This is the single volume edition "A Storm of Swords" (book 3 of A Song of Ice and Fire). It has also been published in two volumes, Part 1: Steel and Snow, Part 2: Blood and Gold.
Please do not combine Part 1 or Part 2 with this complete edition of "A Storm of Swords".

4 1952

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,249,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible