Happiness is an inside job : practicing for…

Happiness is an inside job : practicing for a joyful life (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Sylvia Boorstein

1084186,223 (4)None
How can we stay engaged with life day after day? How can we continue to love what we do-year after year? How can we make lemonade when life gives us lemons? These are all questions best-selling author and beloved teacher Sylvia Boorstein asked herself when she started writing Happiness is an inside Job. The result is her best work to date; a warm, wise and instructive book on how we can cultivate happiness even when the odds are against us.… (more)
Member:NicoletteMarie
Title:Happiness is an inside job : practicing for a joyful life
Authors:Sylvia Boorstein
Info:New York : Ballantine, 2008, c2007.

Happiness Is an Inside Job: Practicing for a Joyful Life by Sylvia Boorstein Ph.D. (2007)

An excellent book on the subject of keeping emotional balance. This one I will probably have to own at some point. ( )
  slmr4242 | Oct 16, 2019 |
"Struggling with anything to make it be other than what it is creates suffering." ( )
  BevFuller | Oct 9, 2012 |
Easy read,she refers to Buddhist teachings in this book,but not having much knowledge about the religious following did not affect the understanding of it. She explains things thoroughly and it was a very relaxing book to read.
It was great as a quick self-help book on simple meditation/reflection teaching. ( )
  sweetwater | Jul 22, 2009 |
Sylvia Boorstein is a Buddhist teacher, a psychotherapist, and Jewish grandmother. While she does seem more patient and calm than the average bear, she’s no saint. This makes me trust her.
http://12frogs.com/reading/reviews/2009/06/happiness-is-an-inside-job/ ( )
  jlspad | Jun 21, 2009 |
In memory of Martha Louise Ley, a very good friend to many people

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,568,260 books! | Top bar: Always visible