Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Redeeming Love (1997)

by Francine Rivers

English (142)  Dutch (1)  All (143)
To make it clear, the best part of it was the ending (not necessarily because it ended) but because the change in her life was really impressive. I wanted to slap her for the most part and I thought Michael is a weirdo for the longest but it all makes sense in the end when you get to see how things turn out. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |
This book was utterly amazing. I absolutely loved it. ( )
  KaylaLowe | Jan 15, 2018 |
One of my all time favorite books. I read this book at least once a year. It is beautifully written. It serves as a reminder not to judge people by their past, showd we can be redeemed from our mistakes and is a reminder of what true unconditional love is. ( )
  MelissaS85 | Sep 9, 2017 |
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book! It is a classic true romance. A life-changing story of not just physical love but unconditional love, God's redemptive, all-consuming love. Before reading this book, I did not think it would keep my interest but the author did an amazing job at making me feel for the main characters Angel and Michael (based upon the biblical story of Gomer and Hosea). Sold into prostitution in childhood, Angel is a bitter woman who trusts no man. But when God tells Michael Hosea to marry her, ---- well you just have to read it. ( )
  MsButterfly | Aug 20, 2017 |
This is one of the best books I have ever read. It was so well written. I did not want to put it down. After finishing Francine's book, I had to go back and Read the book of Hosea from the Bible. ( )
  Sandralb | Aug 15, 2017 |
Information from the Danish Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Let anyone among you who is without sin, be the first to throw a stone at her.

Jesus, John 8:7
The prince of darkness is a gentleman.
To those who hurt and hunger

New England, 1835

Alex Stafford was just like Mama said.

A powerful retelling of the book of Hosea, a life-changing story of God's unconditional, redemptive, all-consuming love. California's gold country in 1850 is a time when men sold their souls for a bag of gold and women sold their bodies for a place to sleep. Angel, who expects nothing from men but betrayal, meets Michael Hosea. Her unexpected softening comes with feelings of unworthiness and fear. So Angel runs, back to the darkness. her final healing must come from the One who loves her even more than Michael does--the One who will never let her go.

A secret from Angel's past threatens to destroy her relationship with Michael Hosea in this retelling of the biblical love story of Gomer and Hosea set against the romantic backdrop of the California Gold Rush.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Francine Rivers's book Redeeming Love was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Francine Rivers's book Redeeming Love was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,931,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible