Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Redeeming Love (1997)

by Francine Rivers

English (147)  Dutch (1)  All languages (148)
Although most of the book I did enjoy, it could have been about 100 pages shorter. Just too much detail in the story telling {nothing sexual}. It is very much worth reading. Especially if you like christian fiction. This book was written based off of the Book of Hosea in the bible. And its set in the middle 1800's. I had to skip quite a few chapters. I mean I understand she was trying to set a scene in some area's and to get people to understand how she got to where she was by the end of the book but I think that could have been set with a lot less DETAIL and being so drawn out. I have read many books that have gotten their point across in under 250 pages. But thats just me. I dont need TOO MUCH detail to get the point in many cases. Especially if I already understand the situation in the story already. But she is a WONDERFUL author/writer and this is the 4th book I have read by her. I took a pause in reading THE LINEAGE OF GRACE by her and still waiting for book for to come to my library so I can finish the series {5 books in all}...3/5 ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
This is by far the best Christian book I have read in so long! Normally, when I read Christian books, I feel like the plot is just there to fit with the message, but not this time.
I was originally drawn to this book by the title. I was at the library with my aunt and her students, and was just looking for SOMETHING, ANYTHING to read. I flipped the book over and read the premise, and was hooked. My aunt told me it was a good book. She wasn't lying.
The story is about a young girl, sold into prostitution, based off the Biblical woman Gomer, who is saved years later by Michael Hosea, based off the prophet Hosea. Ironically, his first name is the same as one of God's angelic commanders, and the girl, Sarah, is called "Angel" by her masters.
This story goes through both Hosea and the Song of Solomon, a beautiful picture of the love a married couple should have for each other.
Even though Angel feels like she could never be forgiven for all she's done in her life, God is waiting there for her, to show her His redeeming love. ( )
  kat_the_bookcat | Feb 7, 2019 |
This is one my favorite books. I recommend it to everyone who is looking for a good book to read. It is the modern day retelling of the book of Hosea from the Bible. If you don't know the story of Hosea go and read it and you will get an idea of what this book is about. It is definitely worth reading. ( )
  SWade0126 | Jan 11, 2019 |
This book is wonderful in English and thus wonderful in Spanish! It really makes you think about God's redeeming love, and at the same time it is an entertaining romance. ( )
  SarahGriggs | Sep 11, 2018 |
Masterfully written, Francine Rivers transports you to the Wild West and draws you into this redemptive story loosely based on the Biblical story of Hosea. It is a historical Christian romance that makes you want to slap the character until you realize it's actually you. Unconditional love that doesn't seem possible reminds us of the one Great Love that paid it all for us. This was the book that got me hooked on Francine Rivers. It will hook you too! ( )
  kenagurl | Apr 25, 2018 |
Information from the Danish Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Let anyone among you who is without sin, be the first to throw a stone at her.

Jesus, John 8:7
The prince of darkness is a gentleman.
Shakespeare
To those who hurt and hunger
Prologue

New England, 1835

Alex Stafford was just like Mama said.

A powerful retelling of the book of Hosea, a life-changing story of God's unconditional, redemptive, all-consuming love. California's gold country in 1850 is a time when men sold their souls for a bag of gold and women sold their bodies for a place to sleep. Angel, who expects nothing from men but betrayal, meets Michael Hosea. Her unexpected softening comes with feelings of unworthiness and fear. So Angel runs, back to the darkness. her final healing must come from the One who loves her even more than Michael does--the One who will never let her go.

A secret from Angel's past threatens to destroy her relationship with Michael Hosea in this retelling of the biblical love story of Gomer and Hosea set against the romantic backdrop of the California Gold Rush.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Francine Rivers's book Redeeming Love was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Francine Rivers's book Redeeming Love was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,455,893 books! | Top bar: Always visible