Journey into Narnia by Kathryn Ann Lindskoog

Journey into Narnia

by Kathryn Ann Lindskoog

59None300,783 (3.33)None

No reviews

An updated and expanded classic study of C.S.Lewis's Narnia series with a study guide and a chronological review of the seven books. Biblical parallels and applications highlighted are for personal reading pleasure, but provide pracical helps for teachers, parents and ministers as well.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:12 -0400)

Renowned C. S. Lewis scholar Kathryn Lindskoog has here expanded and updated her classic study of Lewis's Narnia series originally titled, "The Lion of Judah in Never-Never Land: The Theology of C.S. Lewis Expressed in his fantasies for Children." Now with the addition of a study guide, including a look at the chronological order of the series of the seven books, the "Journey into Narnia" is filled with abundant and fresh new background information that not only puts the series in its context but explains many of the English terms unfamiliar to the American reader. Ms. Lindskoog provides many Biblical parallels which illumine the plot. These concise insights and applications are designed for personal reading pleasure as well as being practical helpers for teachers, parents and ministers. When C. S. Lewis read the first draft of this manuscript, he commented, "You are in the center of the target everywhere. For one thing, you know my work better than anyone else I've met; certainly better than I do myself.... You (alone of the critics I've met) realize the connection or even the unity of all the books-scholarly, fantastic, theological-and make me appear a single author, not a man who impersonates half a dozen authors, which is what I seem to most. This wins really very high marks indeed." This important text of Lewis scholarship has been copied, widely used but never surpassed.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,482,979 books! | Top bar: Always visible