The Investigators (Badge of Honor) by W.E.B.…

The Investigators (Badge of Honor) (original 1997; edition 1998)

by W.E.B. Griffin (Author)

In Philadelphia, detective Matt Payne goes to war against terrorists, his mission complicated by crooked policemen. The novel is part of the Badge of Honor series, devoted to police officers.
Member:Craiger007
Title:The Investigators (Badge of Honor)
Authors:W.E.B. Griffin (Author)
Info:Putnam Adult (1998), Edition: First Edition, 408 pages

The Investigators by W. E. B. Griffin (1997)

Started reading on September 15th, 2019. Finished today, September 27th. enjoyed it very much. I will now look for others from this author ( )
  MustangGuy | Sep 15, 2019 |
Plot plethora--satisfyingly solved! The book is mostly about Matt Payne...boy howdy does he get into scrapes that only the author can extricate. This novel is 18+ hours long and it should be about 7 hours--multiple repeat summaries (in case you missed something), long explanations of police paperwork and several event repeats. It would be a good, tight story at ( )
  buffalogr | Jan 10, 2017 |
Best Badge Of Honor novel to date. This one had multiple plots that were thoroughly and satisfyingly covered, all involving the major players in the series. Griffin seemed to really expand his characters in this one as well, showing differents sides not seen in previous BOH books. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 21, 2014 |
This is the seventh book in Griffin's Badge of Honour series and it is the second-last one of this wonderful series. I don't know how Mr. Griffin does it, but whenever I read any of his series, I just fall in love with the characters. I love the characters in this series. This book is mostly about Detective Matt Payne. He is right in the thick of all the action this time as he is working two very high-profile cases at once. One is to catch a very dangerous group of terrorists who have become bank robbers, and the other is a big case of police corruption in the Philedelphia Police Department. Matt is sent on his own to Harrisburg to pursue leads on both of these cases, and while there he discovers love in the place he leasts expects to find it. The book is extremely well-written, and it just kept me turning the pages. I am very sorry that I am coming to the end of this wonderful series. ( )
  Romonko | Feb 21, 2009 |
The Hero matt Payne, a Philadelphia detective, is assigned to track down a team of crooked police. At the same time he is trying to help the FBI catch a group of bank robbers and terrorist types working in the Pennsylvania area.

He falls a women involved with the terrorist group. In the end she is killed and bad cops are arrested. ( )
  amacmillen | Sep 12, 2008 |

W. E. B. Griffinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brautigan, DonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ratzkin, LawrenceCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,471,048 books! | Top bar: Always visible