And then what happened, Paul Revere? by Jean…

And then what happened, Paul Revere? (original 1973; edition 2001)

by Jean Fritz (Author)

Describes some of the well-known as well as the lesser-known details of Paul Revere's life and exciting ride.
Member:ccounce
Title:And then what happened, Paul Revere?
Authors:Jean Fritz (Author)
Info:HARCOURT SCHOOL PUBLISHERS (2001), Edition: 1, 48 pages

Work Information

And Then What Happened, Paul Revere? by Jean Fritz (1973)

Reading Level: 2nd-7th grades
Awards: Boston Globe- Horn Book Award honor (1974)
  dd.salgado | Nov 22, 2021 |
NA
  pszolovits | Feb 3, 2021 |
Overall, the main message behind this book is to inform kids about the great American leader Paul Revere. Not my favorite read but overall the book does it job. I personally didn't like the book because of the text itself, The text wasn't as intriguing or appealing as the life of Paul Revere was. For the book to have been a longer picture book, not quite a chapter book, the wording was kind of boring to me, It was more or so fact after fact and not really a story line. The text, at times, even seemed to be like a conversation be held rather than a story being told. However, I did enjoy learning new facts about Paul Revere, that I would have never guessed. For example, he was a dentist who made 'artificial teeth" before his great ride. I even learned that Revere had six kids and in addition to two babies who died really young. Nonetheless, the book does provide an abundant amount of information on Paul Revere and would be a good book for child to read if he or she is learning about this American revolutionary. ( )
  dcrome1 | Oct 20, 2016 |
This is the story of Paul Reveres famous ride to warn the colonists in Boston, Concord, Middlesex, and Lexington about the coming of the British. This tale is woven with a myriad of unknown facts that will dazzle young audiences and keep them on the edge of their seats! Sometimes stories of past heroes are paper thin and just a regurgitation of stale facts. This story goes way beyond those facts to breath new life into not only who Paul Revere was but how truly perilous his ride really was!
  gregorysmith | Jul 31, 2016 |
Well, as an adult, I did know much of what is presented here, but it was still a neat quick read with appropriately light but informative illustrations. A little flippant, maybe, but fun enough that I'll be looking for more by the author. The notes in the back, with more information, are appreciated.

(My edition is a 45 page softcover with the richly colored cover, though the ISBN leads to a newer one with a more spare design.) ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |

Jean Fritzprimary authorall editionscalculated
Tomes, MargotIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In 1735 there were in Boston 42 streets, 36 lanes, 22 alleys, 1,000 brick houses, 2,000 wooden houses, 12 churches, 4 schools, 418 horses (at the last count), and so many dogs that a law was passed prohibiting people from having dogs that were more than 10 inches high.
One of Paul's busiest nights was December 16, 1773. He prepared for it by smearing his face with red paint and lampblack, pulling a tight stockinglike covering over his head, and draping a ragged blanket over his shoulders. Then he picked up his ax and joined other Sons of Liberty, all pretending to be Indians, all carrying axes. And what were they up to?

This is a book about Paul Revere and his life prior to his midnight ride to Concord and Lexington. It described a very busy life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,402,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible