Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1) by…

Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1) (2007)

by Jennifer Rardin

Member:Spurts
Title:Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1)
Authors:Jennifer Rardin
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition
Rating:***
Tags:paranormal, format-llibrary-ebook

Once Bitten, Twice Shy by Jennifer Rardin (2007)

English (55)  Spanish (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (57)
Jasmine Parks seems sort of like a baskit case at times, and at others a logical kill crazed assassin. Well, she is both of those. She works for the C.I.A. and hunts vamps and other baddies around the world. She ends up working with Vayl, who is a vampire himself. Jasmine (or Jaz) has a lot of issues, that you don’t fully understand until way into the book. She feels a deep guilt and agony over the loss of her team that she was the leader of. She’s lost some contact with her family because of it also. She has a tendancy to black out and “wake up” hours or days later, not knowing what’s happened and what she may have done. Now the blacking out is not drug/alcohol related at all, it’s her brain protecting her from whatever is so traumatic at that time. So what could be so traumatic that an ASSASSIN’S brain is blocking it out??

The black outs started the night that her team was attacked and killed. Ever since then she has aquired a sensitivity to paranormals around her. An assassin who can sniff out the bad vamps sounds good. This is why she is working with Vayl. He believes that Jaz can develope her new skills, and be more effective. That’s part of the reason why he wanted to work with her.

So in this book, it starts out that they are suppose to assassinate a terrorist, but the problem is they discover he is in the middle of working something big. He’s working with a new vampire, and creating a virus to kill massive amounts of people. Jaz and Vayl are put into tight situations when they realize that someone who works with them, is betraying them and trying to have them killed. They have to discover who all the players are in the plan to kill thousands, when it takes place, and need to stop it.

This book is full of twists and turns, and I was actually wrong when I thought something was going to happen. This is a good book if you enjoy reading about characters who are trying to sneak around with James Bond goodies, trying to save the world, and almost dying a lot. Not tomention Jaz is a spaz and that makes it entertaining by itsself. I don’t think I would really even consider this a romance, but there really wasn’t any. It was a VERY MINOR ASPECT of the book. I think you could fit all the romance in a total of 3 paragraphs.

RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |
Lightweight fun vampire story ... kick ass heroine! ( )
  TheBibliophage | Mar 20, 2018 |
kick-ass chick ... an assassin (for the good guys) w a Vampire partner ... how fun! not the most original, but still fun ... am planning to read the rest of the series. ( )
  GeetuM | Jun 3, 2016 |
I had a hard time getting into this book. I really didn't think I'd finish it. But once I got into it...almost 80 pages into it...did I really start to connect with the characters and enjoy the book. I think I'll read the next one. :) ( )
  Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |
I liked this book. Jaz is a funny protagonist and she kicks some ass. The romance is latent but obviously with room to grow. The big bad in this was kind of over the top, but it was a fun ride. I will read the next in the series for sure. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |

Jennifer Rardinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chatain, Jean-NoëlTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lungstrass, CharlotteÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nagy, MónikaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Kirk, my inspiration, my joy, my love.
Fear sucks.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031602046X, Paperback)

I'm Jaz Parks. My boss is Vayl, born in Romania in 1744. Died there too, at the hand of his vampire wife, Liliana. But that's ancient history. For the moment Vayl works for the C.I.A. doing what he does best--assassination. And I help. You could say I'm an Assistant Assassin. But then I'd have to kick your ass.

Our current assignment seemed easy. Get close to a Miami plastic surgeon named Assan, a charmer with ties to terrorism that run deeper than a buried body. Find out what he's meeting with that can help him and his comrades bring America to her knees. And then close his beady little eyes forever. Why is it that nothing's ever as easy as it seems?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:22 -0400)

Vayl is the CIA's top assassin. A master of black ops, he has never failed. He's also a 291-year-old vampire. Assigned to protect Vayl, if such a formidable creature can be said to require protection, is Jasmine Parks - 'Jaz' to her friends. But Jaz has got problems - and not just the run-of-the-mill ones you'd expect from someone whose job consists of putting her life on the line for an undead assassin. She hasn't had sex in god knows how long, so Vayl's almost overpowering vampire charisma is making it increasingly difficult for her to keep their relationship ...professional. Her personal life is a long line of missed birthdays and Christmases, and lies and excuses to her family. And then there's that other thing: the blackouts. See, there's times that Jaz can't account for and things that happen in those times that Vayl - not to mention the CIA - may not appreciate. And if they find out, Jasmine knows it won't just be her contract that's terminated ...… (more)

Orbit Books

2 editions of this book were published by Orbit Books.

Editions: 031602046X, 0316043540

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,982,640 books! | Top bar: Always visible