Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment

by Tal Ben-Shahar

Can we really learn to be happy? Yes, we can. Each semester, nearly 1,400 students sign up for Harvard professor Tal Ben-Shahar's life-changing class, How to Get Happy. Currently it's the hottest course at Harvard, taken by 20 percent of its graduates. In Happier, Professor Ben-Shahar brings the ideas of the Ivory Tower to Main Street, distilling the lessons and exercises from his course into a slim volume of practical wisdom. Grounded in the Positive Psychology movement, based on years of researching the works of scientists, academics, and philosophers, Happier emphasizes the importance of pursuing a life of both pleasure and meaning. Lessons, exercises, and Happiness Boosters cover self-esteem, empathy, friendship, love, achievement, creativity, spirituality, and humor. Questions help us identify activities that will make us happier immediately, then apply what we've learned to school, work, and personal relationships. We discover that happiness, not money, is the ultimate currency, that we can't be happy unless we first give ourselves permission to be human, and that happiness isn't so elusive after all.… (more)

Where: Kulebaki
  KostaFinn | Oct 23, 2020 |
This is not just another self-help book by the latest infomercial guru. Tal Ben-Shahar has taught this subject matter at Harvard and has researched the topic intensively. The book guides the reader to the understanding that happiness is not an "extra" in life or an indulgence, but rather an essential matter for your health and full functioning. Dr. Ben-Shahar delivers an important message of what can change in your life, and the lives of those around you, when you open the door to real happiness. ( )
  Suedarc | Mar 9, 2016 |
reminds me how lucky and happy I am. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
Dr. Ben-Shahar shares happiness secrets that he teaches in Harvard's most popular course. Everybody want to be happy so I guess that helps explain it. Part of my recommended happiness library. ( )
  LawrenceJDanks_v01 | Dec 21, 2008 |
This is a good gift to give. I think every young person entering into college should read this book and try to apply to to their lives.
1 vote junejohnson | Nov 14, 2007 |

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,106,196 books! | Top bar: Always visible