Napoleon: The Story of the Little Corporal…

Napoleon: The Story of the Little Corporal (edition 2007)

by Robert Burleigh (Author)

A brief introductory biography of Napoleon.
Member:ECRN72
Title:Napoleon: The Story of the Little Corporal
Authors:Robert Burleigh (Author)
Info:Harry N. Abrams (2007), Edition: Library Binding, 48 pages

Napoleon: The Story of the Little Corporal by Robert Burleigh

(2D) (1) 1800 AD-1825 AD (1) 19th century (5) 2D Part 2 (1) 3A Part 1 (1) bio (2) biography (5) France (3) HC (2) history (8) LG (7) Loan to Susanne (1) Napoleon (4) non-fiction (2) TOG (6) TOG 2 LG (1) TOG Y2 (4) TOG Y2U4 (2) TOG Y3U1 (3) TOG Year 3 (3) TOG YR3 Unit1 (1) U1 (3) UG (2) Unit 1 (2) world history (2) Y2U4 (2) Y3 (2) Y3 U1 (1) Y3U1 (2) Year 3 (4)

What a fun account of the life of Napoleon. This story shares how he came from nothing to become one of the most successful leaders of France. ( )
  mhilary | Feb 10, 2015 |
My son loved this one (age 6). Was a history book for us early in the year. Does have some war paintings/a guillotine pic/divorce issues -- just preview for appropriateness dependent on kid/family. Great pics. I read it and reviewed it with him. I didn't read the full thing.
  overflowingshelves | Mar 2, 2012 |
THis was a very interesting book. THe illustrations are real paintings and engravings from the period. I liked the many real quotes from Bonaparte himself. They gave real insight into the man. This wold be a great book for older students, it's a bit wordy for the younger set.
  coresonk | Dec 5, 2009 |
In this book about the French Emperor, Napoleon is immortalized as one of the greatest, arrogant, and ambitious men of our world's time. The book offers pictures and paintings or the man, some of his quotes, and a history to accompany the pictures. As emperor he ruled almost all of western Europe, was dethroned and exiled, yet regained throne in less than a year, influenced by Caeser, and was brigrader general at age 24. He claimed men were moved by two things: self-interest and fear. Two days after his first marriage he left to assume command. He felt the worst thing is indecision. People claimed he had very sharp striking eyes. When crowned emperor, he crowned himself. Beethoven wrote his third symphony for him, but having heard his empirical coronation, tore it up in disgust. "Too much power ends by depraving even the honest man." In 1812 he suffered a crushing defeat in Moscow and the final battle of the Napoleonic wars ended June 18 1815. He died May 5 1821 at age 51. "There is no immortality but the memory that is left in the minds of men." I enjoyed this book very much, and learned a lot about Napoleon I had not known. Its prose is easy enough for a child to comprehend and understand, and the pictures within the book will help suffice as a guide to ones imagination. ( )
  cbruiz | Dec 9, 2008 |

A brief introductory biography of Napoleon.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,193,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible