Igraín la Valiente (Cometa 10) by Cornelia…

Igraín la Valiente (Cometa 10) (original 1998; edition 2012)

by Cornelia Funke (Autor), Roberto Falcó Miramontes (Traductor)

1,3322710,625 (3.77)1 / 31
The daughter of two magicians, twelve-year-old Igraine wants nothing more than to be a knight, and when their castle is attacked by a treacherous neighbor bent on stealing their singing magic books, Igraine has an opportunity to demonstrate her bravery.
Member:Luis_Castrillo
Title:Igraín la Valiente (Cometa 10)
Authors:Cornelia Funke (Autor)
Other authors:Roberto Falcó Miramontes (Traductor)
Info:Planetalector (2012), 312 pages
Collections:lecto

Igraine The Brave by Cornelia Funke (1998)

Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George (KarenElissa)
    KarenElissa: similar premise, strong young girl helps to save the family

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Read this one to my not-quite-5yo. I liked the concept more than the execution. Maybe it's the translation? Or maybe it's that the erstwhile girl-knight is still trained by a male knight, who rescues female princesses, from male villains. And all the magical creatures and animals were pretty much all gendered male, unnecessarily IMO. [return][return]But Igraine herself, and her relationship with her older magically adept (mostly) brother, is quite charming. And a lot of the details (like the neighboring noblewoman's penchant for spicy mead) were charming. ( )
  adaq | Dec 25, 2019 |
I enjoyed this so much more than I expected to. The cover art is really unappealing. I like the British one so much more. Apparently this was originally published in German in 1998 but only just translated. I can see some of my second graders picking this one up after we finish [book: The Castle in the Attic]. ( )
  amandabock | Dec 10, 2019 |
A fast and fun read. Perfect for anyone who enjoys knights, castles, magic,and jousts. The story has lots of quirky characters and spells. I like that Igraine wants to pursue her dreams of becoming a knight even though some people (not her family) tell her it's not for girls.
  Robinsonstef | Jul 10, 2019 |

Cornelia Funkeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bell, AntheaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Elbrick, XantheNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Für Anna und Ben
Igraine wachte auf, weil etwas über ihr Gesicht krabbelte, etwas mit vielen Beinen.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,324,661 books! | Top bar: Always visible