7 nawyków skutecznego działania by Stephen…

7 nawyków skutecznego działania (original 1989; edition 2011)

by Stephen R. Covey (Author), Iwona Majewska-Opiełka (Translator)

A leading management consultant outlines seven organizational rules for improving effectiveness and increasing productivity at work and at home.
Member:czytelnia
Title:7 nawyków skutecznego działania
Authors:Stephen R. Covey (Author)
Other authors:Iwona Majewska-Opiełka (Translator)
Info:Dom Wydawniczy Rebis
Tags:zarządzanie, przełożyła Iwona Majewska-Opiełka, tabele, poradnik

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (1989)

Recently added byprivate library, TateTito, 8ooklover, bethanyjoyful, kristi_test_02, JLCampillos
Legacy LibrariesPresidential Study (1997)

English (129)  Spanish (4)  Portuguese (Brazil) (3)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Arabic (1)  All languages (139)
I read this book years ago. I remember working hard to get over a hump in the middle, but I persisted and have used the lessons in the book repeatedly. ( )
  DwaynesBookList | Aug 14, 2020 |
This is a title that appears on most reading list for business managers and leaders. It presents the 7 habits and how they work and interact together to make character changes in individuals which brings success to their business as well as their personal lives. However, the content is a little more "high-brow" than I like to read so I just wandered around. I think I would have understood it better in a live presentation.

What I really did like was the examples Covey uses throughout the book. That is what brought the information clarity.

I think there is a teen version of this book -- I may try that one and see if that approach is easier to understand. ( )
  pjburnswriter | Aug 6, 2020 |
I liked the last section the most about his sabbatical with his family. What a great way to live life. The author is definitely well read and thoughtful. While the book is still relevant today, the language and examples seem outdated. ( )
  bsmashers | Aug 1, 2020 |
Lots of useful information, I especially like the habit on seeking to understand, then be understood. I tend to have similar problems to those he described: advising too much, trying to convince with logic without emotion. His take on management styles was interesting too, and a surprising way to look at a problem in delegation. I listened to this on audiobook so I missed a few things. I think I want to read this in paperback so I can make some more notes. ( )
  Quinnter | Jul 31, 2020 |
Without a doubt, this is one of the best books I have ever read. ( )
  Beaujolais | Jul 6, 2020 |
Borrowing slightly from the concepts of Quantum Mechanics, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People begins with the astute observation that people perceive the world differently, and because we view the world with our own unique "lens," it is difficult to separate the observation from the observer.

Covey says that we all have our own paradigm, which is our own map of how we perceive the world and how we think the world should be in our ideal view. Covey writes, "The way we see things is the source of the way we think and the way we act."

Stephen R. Coveyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Abelli, TizianaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Calvi, BarbaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cavalleri, PaoloPrefacesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Christiansen, BrunoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Duchateau, PaulTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Guenette, MagaliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Piatigorsky, JorgeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There is no real excellence in all this world which can be separated from right living

DAVID STAR JORDAN
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
ARISTOTLE
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor.
HENRY DAVID THOREAU
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
OLIVER WENDALL HOLMES
Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.
GOETHE
In more than 25 years of working with people in business, university, and marriage and family settings, I have come in contact with many individuals who have achieved an incredible degree of outward success, but have found themselves struggling with an inner hunger, a deep need for personal congruency and effectiveness and for healthy, growing relationships with other people.
ISBN 0738504106 - WorldCat and Amazon both return for Rochester Neighborhoods by Shirley Cox Husted and Ruth Rosenberg-Naparsteck
Do not combine with any of the abridged audiobooks, ISBNs are: 188321937X, 0671315285, 1883219973, 0671687964, 0802514553, 0743538528, 0671869469, 1616574925, 1455892823, 0671853236, 0743501071, 0743501535, 1933499397
Unabridged audiobook ISBNs are: 1491586761 [1 CD, MP3, 14 hrs.], 1929494750 [3 CDs, 14 hrs.], 188321923X [8 cassettes and 1 workbook], 1480568317 [14 CDs, 14 hrs.], 1455892807 [MP3, 13 hrs.], 1455892785 [13 CDs, 13 hrs.], 1469200716 [7 CDs, 8 hrs., 15 min.], 1455893560 [7 CDs, 8 hrs.]
Unknown whether abridged or unabridged: 1883219027 [4 CDs, 4 hr., 30 mins. OR 4 cassettes, 6 hrs.], 1929494157 [6 CDs, 5 hrs.], 1599128284, 1883219337 [6 cassettes], 1933976004, 1442354895, 8360313563 [MP3, 12 hrs., 30 min.], 9992006684 [cassette]
Per WorldCat, the title of this book indicates it to be a new edition.
Unknown if audiobook is abridged or unabridged
Audiobook - unknown if abridged or unabridged

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,937,281 books! | Top bar: Always visible