Bugialli's Italy: Traditional Recipes From The Regions Of Italy

by Giuliano Bugialli

431588,347 (4)None
Emilia-Romagna, Friuli, Sicily, Liguria, Piedmont, Apulia -- the names trip off the tongue and conjure seductive images of deeply satisfying food. In Bugialli's Italy, companion cookbook to the new twenty-six-part public television series, cooking teacher and food historian Giuliano Bugialli presents the reader with an irresistible banquet of all Italy has to offer. The more than 150 recipes collected here span the boot from north to south east to west. You can take your grand tour from antipasto to dessert (how about Pizza with Tomato Pockets from Apulia, Pureed Chick-Pea Soup with Mushrooms from Umbria, Lamb in Peppery Wine Sauce from Abruzzi, String Beans in Caper Walnut Sauce from Lombardy, and, to finish, Peach Cake with Almonds from Piedmont?). Or why not plan a regional tasting of pastas -- Stewed Sardinian Pasta, Pasta Stuffed with Eggplant from Tuscany, Tagliatelle and Zucchini Blossoms from Lazio, and Pasta with Sicilian Winter Pesto? Even gnocchi flies the regional flag-Red Beet Gnocchi from Piedmont and Potato Gnocchi with Ligurian Pesto and Tomatoes. As always, Giuliano serves up something new -- a wonderful collection of unusual and engaging regional recipes filled with the history tradition, and techniques that make his books so special.… (more)

Very Traditional Recipes, Not my favorite Italian Cookbook on my shelf and haven't made many recipes but----that said.. I have made and love page 287 'Schiacciata D'Uva'... Excellent and very easy. Very much like an easter bread dough with Grapes and anise. I sprinkled extra anise seeds over the olive oiled top before I baked it and then sprinkled the sugar on top after it came out of the oven.. Very Good. Next time I am going to try it with differnt fresh fruit. My attitude toward cookbooks remains the same.. 'If I find 1 great recipe its worth it!' and.. 'If I find 1 great recipe in a book.. I usually find alot more in the same book.' So bottom line --- this is definitely a keeper! ( )
  booklovers2 | Aug 25, 2009 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,968,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible