Please, Puppy, Please by Spike Lee

Please, Puppy, Please (edition 2005)

by Spike Lee (Author)

Two toddlers have fun with their puppy.
Member:MPFSC
Title:Please, Puppy, Please
Authors:Spike Lee (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2005), Edition: 1st Edition, 32 pages

Work Information

Please, Puppy, Please by Spike Lee

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Appropriate for ages 2 to 8, this picture book depicts the glories of an afternoon two siblings spend with their puppy. The story is good, simple and fun, but the art—oh, the art is magnificent. Kadir Nelson is simply the best artist working in children's literature, and his pictures are breathtakingly beautiful. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Apr 13, 2019 |
This book is similar to that of Please baby Please. In this selection two babies have their high energies topped when they meet an puppy. The puppy wears even the babies out and they have to find ways to get the dog to relax. To no avail, of course. The overall picture of this story is always have fun and to keep your spirits high at all times. ( )
  rrasco1 | Mar 11, 2018 |
Summary: A book about two siblings and their dog. A book that we can all relate to when we ask or want our dogs to do something and we all just say please please! From not getting in the mud, to com when we call their name. The many times they don't listen they will still always be ours. And we just ask please!

Personal Reaction: Cute book. Made me think of my pup and how ive asked all the same questions. It is a book that can get you into your feelings if you have a pup of your own.

Classroom Extension: Tell the class about a pet that you love for similar to the book and how you ask that pet to mind.
  estep13 | Mar 25, 2015 |
In my opinion this a good book because of the relatable and realistic plot. Two siblings beg for a new puppy and are surprised by how much work it is to take care of the puppy. This realistic plot shows readers who may also want a puppy of their own the time and effort that goes into raising an animal. The initial want for the puppy and the eventual frustration the puppy causes the siblings is very relatable to owners of baby animals, as I experienced these same emotions when I bought my bunny. The big message is that time and effort pay off, as the time and effort the siblings put into raising their puppy paid off once the puppy was trained, well behaved and much less stressful. ( )
  lhanso1 | Mar 11, 2015 |

Spike Leeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lee, Tonya Lewismain authorall editionsconfirmed
Nelson, KadirIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Two toddlers have fun with their puppy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,413,597 books! | Top bar: Always visible