Dienstags Bei Morrie: Die Lehre Eines Lebens…

Dienstags Bei Morrie: Die Lehre Eines Lebens (English and German Edition) (original 1997; edition 2002)

by Mitch Albom (Author)

A sportswriter conveys the wisdom of his late mentor, professor Morrie Schwartz, recounting their weekly conversations as Schwartz lay dying. Maybe it was a grandparent, or a teacher, or a colleague. Someone older, patient and wise, who understood you when you were young and searching, helped you see the world as a more profound place, gave you sound advice to help you make your way through it. For Mitch Albom, that person was Morrie Schwartz, his college professor from nearly twenty years ago. Maybe, like Mitch, you lost track of this mentor as you made your way, and the insights faded, and the world seemed colder. Wouldn't you like to see that person again, ask the bigger questions that still haunt you, receive wisdom for your busy life today the way you once did when you were younger? Mitch Albom had that second chance. He rediscovered Morrie in the last months of the older man's life. Knowing he was dying, Morrie visited with Mitch in his study every Tuesday, just as they used to back in college. Their rekindled relationship turned into one final "class", lessons in how to live. Tuesdays with Morrie is a magical chronicle of their time together, through which Mitch shares Morrie's lasting gift with the world.… (more)
Member:dana_snsk_
Title:Dienstags Bei Morrie: Die Lehre Eines Lebens (English and German Edition)
Authors:Mitch Albom (Author)
Info:Distribooks (2002), 224 pages

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson by Mitch Albom (1997)

Recently added byprivate library, TIGALibrary, tclitsoc, kernalkern, deannachapman, Kintore.College, felixanta
    The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch (bell7)
    bell7: Both recount lessons learned by a man who doesn't have long to live.
    The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom (lesleymc)
    The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe (glade1)
    glade1: Another touching memoir discussing death and dying, this one told by a son about his mother's illness and death.
    Morrie: In His Own Words by Morrie Schwartz (Anonymous user)
    Skipping Christmas by John Grisham (MyriadBooks)
    Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World by Bill Clinton (krizia_lazaro)
    A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (MyriadBooks)

English (303)  Spanish (7)  French (3)  German (3)  Swedish (2)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  All languages (320)
I need to recover, reallign and composed my thoughts before I could review and blog about this book. Such a heartfelt and beautiful 'final thesis' I've read. Truly an amazing book.

You can read my full review here:
http://www.sholee.net/2016/05/mpov-tuesdays-with-morrie.html ( )
  Sholee | Sep 9, 2021 |
Inspiring. Realistic. ( )
  Tosta | Jul 5, 2021 |
Let’s talk about life... ( )
  volfy | Jun 26, 2021 |
I found it a bit kitch and shmultz, but beneath the gooey icing are valid and meaningful observations about life. The lauded teacher awarded only A grades so that students could dodge being drafted to Vietnam and I found this sparked a lot of suspicion on my part given I’m not American - from what-about-girls-and-non-nationals? To this-is-a-shocking-inequality meaning the poor, the black, the uneducsted are more likely to die in the battlefield-and-nothing-admirable-or-liberal-about-it. ( )
  mumoftheanimals | Jun 10, 2021 |
I don't know if it's Mitch's dedication to his early mentor or Morrie's jaw-dropping honesty of rubbing the pure and ugly beauty of his slow death into my face. But as a marriage, these two characters make a couple that alters my world by a few degrees. ( )
  JFederer | Jun 10, 2021 |
The deceptively simple story of a deathbed seminar
on life. It is as sweet and as nourishing as fresh summer corn.
added by Shortride | editUSA Today, Bob Minzesheimer (pay site) (Sep 4, 1997)

Mitch Albomprimary authorall editionscalculated
Vaccaro, ClaireDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated
To my brother, Peter,
The bravest person I know.
The last class of my old professor's life took place once a week in his house, by a window in the study where he could watch a small hibiscus plant shed its pink leaves.
“I believe in being fully present,” Morrie said. “That means you should be with the person you’re with. When I’m talking to you now, Mitch, I try to keep focused only on what is going on between us. I am not thinking about something we said last week. I am not thinking of what’s coming up this Friday. I am not thinking about doing another Koppel show, or about what medications I’m taking. I am talking to you. I am thinking about you.”

This true story reminds us of the affection and gratitude that many of us still feel for the significant mentors of our past.
Mentor is dying
shares wisdom on life
we are richer now
(sullijo)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,190,450 books! | Top bar: Always visible