Always is Not Forever by Helen Van Slyke

Always is Not Forever

by Helen Van Slyke

This book was free at a local book sale place a number of months ago. The novel defies a quick description. It's part soap opera, part romance, part tragic. Basically it's the story of two flawed people who fall in love. One is from a dysfunctional family and the other from a loving one. Both must work through their flaws to develop a true and lasting love.

That said--I'm not sure I understand Susan's devotion to Richard. I at one point loved an artistic man (who did not love me in return), and at times, I thanked God that he did not love me in return because (now in retrospect) I could easily see how this book could mirror life with him. I don't think I could have put up with everything Susan did and stayed with him, still thinking that I loved him.

I also don't think the author's style is all that great. There's a good deal more telling than showing in her narrative. ( )
  JenniferRobb | May 17, 2017 |
Everything around her whispered money and taste.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,821,720 books! | Top bar: Always visible