Homer Price by Robert McCloskey

Homer Price (original 1943; edition 1976)

by Robert McCloskey (Author)

Series: Homer Price (1)

Six episodes in the life of Homer Price including one in which he and his pet skunk capture four bandits and another about a donut machine on the rampage.
Member:lol80
Title:Homer Price
Authors:Robert McCloskey (Author)
Info:Puffin Books (1976), Edition: Reprint, 149 pages

Work Information

Homer Price by Robert McCloskey (1943)

When I happened across a mention of this book recently, I realized I hadn’t read it yet—oops! Thankfully, a friend had a copy, and we all enjoyed this book as a read-aloud. My brothers loved it just as much as I did. It’s crazy, it’s fun, it’s a tall tale, and yet the people in the stories are pretty realistic. We all have our favorite stories from this book, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we decide we want to read it together again at some stage. If you’re looking for clean, humorous children’s stories, this is an excellent choice! (Also neat: This book was first published in 1943, and still has the same appeal today it had then—I think that’s pretty special!) ( )
  EstherFilbrun | Nov 4, 2021 |
813 MCC
  famlipp | Oct 23, 2021 |
I thought the boys would especially love the donut chapter, but we got that far and they weren't interested in reading further. ( )
  emrsalgado | Jul 23, 2021 |
NA
  pszolovits | Feb 3, 2021 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

About two miles outside of Centerburg, where route 56 meets route 56A, there lives a boy named Homer.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,518,817 books! | Top bar: Always visible