The Darkest Night

by Gena Showalter

Series: Lords of the Underworld (1)

To silence the voices in her head, Ashlyn Darrow arrives in Budapest where she, seeking help from men rumored to have supernatural abilities, is drawn to their most dangerous member, Maddox, who is trapped in a hell of his own.

hb ( )
  5083mitzi | Mar 22, 2021 |
What A Fantastic Story - I Loved Every Minute!

Ok, so this book/series has been popping up on my recommendations listing, groups and friends' feeds since joining Goodreads. Oh why did I wait so long?!?

I found Ms Showalter's writing style very easy to read; she captivated my imagination with her world building, the complexity of her characters and the balance of violence, humour, passion and romance.

I knew that these demon possessed warriors were men I could get behind when they battled internally with the "evil"; fighting the urges, feeling guilt, regret and shame for their less than angelic actions.

But it wasn't just the alpha warriors that keep me hooked, the female characters are written with plenty of gumption and intelligence.

This book is cliffhanger free (woohoo!) regarding our romantic main couple, however the background story arc is definitely not over and we are left with a myriad of questions and mysteries to solve in the subsequent books as well as other demons to tame. ;-) ( )
  -Flora- | Nov 8, 2020 |
A little bit of mystery, a lot of action, death and darkness. A lot of love. A fairytale really. This book was the first one to make me cry after twilight saga and Harry Potter. It was truly a page-turner and I can't wait to read more books in the series. It will be my pleasure to reveal all the secrets those demons and Titans and myths hold. ( )
  AllAndAnyBooks | Sep 17, 2020 |
Good enough to continue the series but didn't go deep enough into the curses/talents to really have me connect. Light and entertaining, easy to read though. ( )
  samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |
This was a great book, good take on the myth of Pandora's box and making what was in the box demons..ie wrath, Doubt etc. I am looking forward to reading the next one. ( )
  MissEllie80 | Jan 18, 2020 |

Showalter, Genaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bellmore, MaxNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,432,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible