I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude…

I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude Toward Relationships And Romance (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Joshua Harris, Rebecca St. James

Joshua Harris's first book, written when he was only 21, turned the Christian singles scene upside down...and people are still talking. More than 800,000 copies later, I Kissed Dating Goodbye, with its inspiring call to sincere love, real purity, and purposeful singleness, remains the benchmark for books on Christian dating. Now, for the first time since its release, the national #1 bestseller has been expanded with new content and updated for new readers. Honest and practical, it challenges cultural assumptions about relationships and provides solid, biblical alternatives to society's norm. Tired of the game? Kiss dating goodbye. Going out? Been dumped? Waiting for a call that doesn't come? Have you tasted pain in dating, drifted through one romance or, possibly, several of them? Ever wondered, Isn't there a better way? I Kissed Dating Goodbye shows what it means to entrust your love life to God. Joshua Harris shares his story of giving up dating and discovering that God has something even better--a life of sincere love, true purity, and purposeful singleness.… (more)
Member:sam8theman
Title:I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude Toward Relationships And Romance
Authors:Joshua Harris
Other authors:Rebecca St. James
Info:Multnomah Books (1997), Edition: 1st THUS, Paperback, 238 pages
Tags:Christian Novel

I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris (1997)

Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship by Joshua Harris (nathanm)
    nathanm: His later book is much better.
    Your Knight in Shining Armor by P. B. Wilson (EncompassedRunner)
    EncompassedRunner: "Knight in Shining Armor" probably targets a slightly older reader, Harris' being more for teens/young adult and Wilson's being more for young adult and up. Harris' book focuses more on dating and Wilson's more on preparing for marriage, but both books have healthy relationships in mind. Knight in Shining Armor is geared for women, giving guidance on what to look for in a potential mate and how to prepare to be a good mate, though men might benefit from the book by learning to see from a godly women's perspective. I especially recomend Knight in Shining Armor as a gift to a late teen or young woman who's considering a serious relationship or maybe getting over a bad one and needing to get back on track by focusing on God's way.… (more)
    What Wives Wish their Husbands Knew about Sex: A Guide for Christian Men by Ryan Howes (Anonymous user)

A waste of time and money. ( )
  Steve_Walker | Sep 13, 2020 |
Study Guide - (Separate) by Joshua Harris
With Shannon Harris and Nicole Mahaney
  ODBCchili | Aug 11, 2020 |
The book starts with an interesting premise and is well written. There are, however, some things that I disagree with him on.

Toward the end of the book it becomes clear that the author is not yet married. He has set forth his reasons for avoiding lust and being pure through greater dedication to godliness. Great. I wonder if he changes his opinion after getting married. I see that 5 or 6 years later he is married and puts out another book: [b:Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship|48758|Boy Meets Girl Say Hello to Courtship|Joshua Harris|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1170356477s/48758.jpg|266710]. Indeed he has gone on to write a number of gospel oriented books.

The upcoming generation has largely taken part of his advice: Dating has become rare. I see that as a loss. There is value in not pairing up too soon and value in getting to know a number of different people of both sexes.

I like his emphasis on emotional as well as physical purity.

It still feels like he is missing something. Perhaps that missing something is in [b:Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship|48758|Boy Meets Girl Say Hello to Courtship|Joshua Harris|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1170356477s/48758.jpg|266710]. ( )
  bread2u | Jul 1, 2020 |
I finally read I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris and.... It was a mess.

While reading, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a memoir or a self-help guide to a new (but not new at the same time) attitude regarding sex and dating. Knowing that it was written by a 21 year old doesn't make it any easier, and I'm glad I didn't read it myself when I was a teenager.

While there were sections that could be helpful when starting a new relationship, those sections were severely overshadowed by the legalism of adding more rules to an already complex culture. I'm also so tired of reading books about dating and sex that constantly remind you that men and women are different (we actually aren't, because women are just as attracted to the body as men are, and are just as likely to deal with lust as men).

2/5 stars ( )
  Booksunknown23 | May 18, 2020 |
I was uncertain as to how good this book would be, but I ended up enjoying it. My best friend and I shared a joke about it. She only got a couple of chapters in before she got to busy to finish it...... ( )
  Wanda-Gambling | Oct 25, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,764,966 books! | Top bar: Always visible