Juggling for the Complete Klutz by John…

Juggling for the Complete Klutz (1977)

by John Cassidy

Series: Klutz Book

activities (7) activity (4) children (8) children's (5) children's books (3) crafts (4) DIY (4) fun (6) games (50) guide (3) Hobbies (17) how-to (38) humor (8) instruction (7) instructional (5) juggling (107) kids (5) Klutz (13) living room (4) NF (3) non-fiction (74) own (3) pb (3) Performing Arts (6) recreation (12) reference (28) sci (2) sports (12) tricks (2) youth (4)

I can juggle three balls, but so far being able to juggle four has eluded me. This book didn't get me on the right track for that. :D ( )
  herebedragons | Jun 16, 2011 |
Over the years, I've learned a lot from the Klutz Books. I've learned how to tie knots that I use often. I've learned how to throw a boomerang. But one of the most important skills that I've learned from the Klutz Books is how to juggle. The book, entitled “Juggling for the Complete Klutz” is in its 30th year of publication. I must have gotten one of the first editions of this book. It comes with beanbags and step by step instructions, along with illustrations and humor. By the end of the book, you'll be juggling!
I love these books! You can learn so much! I got this book when I was about 12 years old and learned how to juggle. This book is one of the ones that helped me with my love of reading, by reading and following instructions, I learned a skill! I juggled everywhere! In the car, in the house, on an airplane, and I still use this skill today. I taught kids in my church how to juggle using the methods I learned so long ago from this book. It comes with beanbags and easy to read and follow instructions. The book itself is durable and comes with a storage bag.
In a classroom, this book is best kept at the teachers desk. Students can use the book to increase reading comprehension. One student can read it, then the entire class can practice juggling as a reward for good behavior yet still be learning something while doing something enjoyable. The step by step method could then be applied to other tasks with the students illustrating their own instruction manuals. It could be used as a model for clear, instructional writing.
  jpmccasland | Apr 27, 2011 |
I personally know two people who learned to juggle from this book! The instructions are clear and the illustrations are helpful. Unfortunately, either I am more of a Klutz than this book anticipated or my dedication to the practice required is lacking (I suspect the latter).
  PortiaLong | Apr 18, 2009 |
This is a fun-to-read book to learn how to juggle, but besides juggling...it has, basic to advanced juggling tricks.

This was fun for me until I got to the actual juggling part. I was just juggling until one of the fuzzy, red, square, velvet balls fell onto the floor, and burst open!

I would highly recommend just buying the book and getting some DIFFERENT balls separate on Amazon or something. ( )
  timspno | Feb 19, 2009 |
This book is enjoyable for a different type of reading material. It is enjoyable for children to read about juggling.

I enjoyed this book, it is a humerous book about juggling.

This book would be good to provide to children that need to become engaged readers. ( )
  kariemoorehead | Nov 24, 2008 |
This book is dedicated to the closet klutzes of the world . . .
So you're interested in learning how to juggle but it took you four years to learn how to tie your shoes and, besides, dropping things has always been second nature to you.

Introductory how-to text about juggling.

"An American Pop Culture Classic" (slogan from cartouche on cover)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0932592007, Paperback)

Twenty-six years ago, we started the Klutz empire with this single title. More than two million copies later, it remains the premiere hands-on instructional tool of the trade. We’re proud to say we taught the nation how to juggle.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:27 -0400)

Provides a humorous step-by-step guide on learning how to juggle with three square bean bags.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,261,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible