dismiss

Hesperia and Glory (2006)

by Ann Leckie

412,636,158 (3.75)None
Recently added bybradleyhorner, knitica

I'm the sanest man. I clean my basement floor. I've even set up my chair and spend a lot of time in here. I tell you, there is no well in my basement.

Sure, some man told me he was a prince of mars and a great leader of a rebellion and the only way to get back is through the well, but I don't believe him. Really. The universe let him discover a great brick wall.

I don't believe. I don't care who else might believe, like any sci-fi fan or even some fantastical author that might be dreaming me up, I don't believe, and that's fine and good.

So why do I insist on waiting in this damned cellar?

Aside:

This was a pretty cool armchair adventure that felt a little like Edgar Rice Burroughs, except much more concise. The worldbuilding was rather neat for such a short story. ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |

Ann Leckie is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,201,338 books! | Top bar: Always visible