Guilty by Karen Robards

Guilty (edition 2008)

by Karen Robards (Author)

Kate White, single mother and assistant Philadelphia DA, must fight for her life and the life of her son as the terrible events of her past return with a vengeance and the only hope she seems to have lies with homicide detective Tom Braga--a man she has no reason to trust.
Member:Albert_911

great book ( )
  Tara.Ross | Mar 14, 2014 |
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
This is an entertaining story, despite being a bit far-fetched or too-tidy at times. The plot did make me wonder how the book would end (always a good thing). My rating reflects my frustrations with the Heroine. Her actions and attitude fluctuate quickly and often. The narration by Joyce Bean was average. A great story to listen to while pulling weeds. ( )
  Conkie | Jun 26, 2012 |
Definitely another favorite. I picked this up at a used bookstore along with several others, and am recommending it to friends for a good read. I think I enjoy the suspense more than the romance (romance gets a little dry with most books) but she keeps me wanting to see what happens between the characters every time. ( )
  pandawnmonium | Apr 7, 2012 |
This was a "quick pick" on the counter in the library so I just picked it up on the off chance without really seeing what it was about. I'm quite pleased I found it. It is a courtroom/crime thriller with cheesy romantic undertones! The heroine, Kate, is a prosecutor with a shady past which it turns out she hasn't managed to put quite as far behind her as she thought. It catches up with her when she is taken hostage during a shoot-out in the courthouse. She is rescued by a handsome and sexy cop who, it is evident from the get-go, is set to be the man of her dreams! There is nothing particularly clever or original about this but it whiled away my lunchbreaks and bus-rides quite happily for a week or so. ( )
  cathymoore | Oct 12, 2010 |

Robards, Karenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bean, JoyceReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Christopher, this book is dedicated to you in honor of your June 2008 high school graduation.
We are so proud of you!
Love always, Mom
August 1994

"Where the sweet hell do you think you're going?"

One cold November night when Kat White was fifteen years old, she and some friends held up a convenience store. In the heat of the moment, one of the others shot and killed an off-duty cop moonlighting as a security guard. Kat and her pals fled the scene in a panic, and no one was caught.

Sixteen years later, Kat-now Kate-has built a new life for herself. Now a single mom with an eight-year-old son, she works as a prosecutor in the Philadelphia DA's office. But her dark past rears its head when she walks into court one day and discovers that she is to prosecute Mario Castellanos, one of her friends from that terrible night.

Kate is in a bind: even though Mario was the one who probably did commit the crime, he's counting on Kate to make sure he's not convicted. If she convinces the judge of his guilt, he'll claim that she was the one who killed the off-duty cop. Before real despair sets in, Mario is found dead-in her apartment, and with her pistol. When homicide detective Tom Braga shows up to investigate the murder, Kate is far from relieved; the two have clashed since she started working for the prosecutor's office. But when another man who knows the secret of Kate's past gets involved in the investigation, she learns that her life-and her son's-are in danger. Frantic, she realizes that she has nowhere to turn. Except, maybe, to Tom . . .

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,806,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible