Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Magic by Betty…

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's Magic (1949)

by Betty MacDonald

Series: Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (2)

This is a very interesting series that has the same character Mrs. Piggle Wiggle. She is full of magic and wonder. She is presented a new problem regularly, but not one that her magic cannot fix. She is fascinating to the children. This is a great book to bring new ideas of how problems can be fixed to students if only they had some magic. ( )
  Nicolefern | Apr 23, 2018 |
3.5 stars/

I am pretty sure we should have read the original first and presume it is much better then this collection. Each chapter was a different household with a problem that Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle solved with her special sort of magic. It is presumed you know the back story on Mrs. Piggy-Wiggle as you do not learn much more about her in this book.

Some of the chapters had us laughing out loud - we were in love with the book....then other chapters fell very flat. ( )
  dms02 | Feb 27, 2014 |
If you like the other Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books (like my daughter does) then you'll like this one because it's more of the same. ( )
  ferrisscottr | Jun 18, 2013 |
Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle can cure children of absolutely any bad habit.
  Bettyest | Jun 15, 2012 |
Juvenile take advantage of magic.
  austinwood | Sep 19, 2009 |

Betty MacDonaldprimary authorall editionscalculated
Boiger, AlexandraIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Knight, HilaryIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my mother, Sydney Bard, the one most often interrupted, the faithful laughter at "thought you saids," the patient corrector of bad table manners, the rapt listener to long, dull dreams and movie plots, the fairest receiver of tattle tales and eager participant in all timeowrn riddles and tricks, I humbly dedicate this book.
Of course the reason that all the children in our town like Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle is because Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle likes them.

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle has a trick up her sleeve

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle loves everyone, and everyone loves her right back. The children love her because she is lots of fun. Their parents love her because she can cure children of absolutely any bad habit. The treatment are unusual, but they work! Who better than a pig, for instance, to teach a piggy little boy table manners? And what better way to cure the rainy-day "waddle-I-do's" than hunt for a pirate treasure in Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's upside-down house?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:08 -0400)

Seven families are helped out by Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's magic cures when they are faced with thought-you-saiders, tattletales, bad table manners, interrupters, heedless breakers, never-want-to-go-to-schoolers, and wadde-I-doers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,990,740 books! | Top bar: Always visible