Good News for Modern Man: The New Testament…

Good News for Modern Man: The New Testament in Today's English… (1966)

by American Bible Society

The New Testament from the accurate and highly readable Good News Bible in a compact and economical format, ideal for personal reading or for giving away to new readers of the Bible. The full text of the Good News Bible New Testament, along with some helpful notes and guidelines as to where to start reading, makes this an ideal book for anyone new to Bible reading or just for personal reading. Completely reworked layout and presentation, this new edition gives additional force to the clarity and approachability of the Good News Bible text and is an ideal giveaway for evangelistic events or for class use in schools.… (more)
    Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Inc. Wartburg Project (lhungsbe, lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

Read this to my son when he was about 10. It has an imprimatur and was handed out free at school. ( )
  ElizaJane | Feb 12, 2017 |
WORD LIST; MAPS; OTHER READING; LARGE PRINT
  saintmarysaccden | Oct 25, 2013 |
I read this book back when I was 20 or 21, and found it interesting. I also liked the line illustrations.

However, after accepting Christ and being 'born again' 20 years later, I prefer the King James Bible for reading.

Nothing wrong with this book, if you just want a brief overview of the New Testament, but it's sort of like a Readers' Digest of Bibles. ( )
  fuzzi | Feb 29, 2012 |
A decent if older version of the New Testament, ( )
  Borg-mx5 | Mar 9, 2010 |
While this does gain in clarity over traditional translations, it attempts to
transform all the imagery into literal
meanings, which destroys much of the beauty of the text and also imposes particular interpretations of the more metaphorical
expressions. ( )
  antiquary | Aug 20, 2007 |
Preface
The New Testament is the book about Jesus Christ.
This is the birth record of Jesus Christ, who was a descendant of David, who was a descendant of Abraham.

The Bible translation was made from the Greek New Testament prepared by an international committee of New Testament scholars, sponsored by several emmbers of the United Bible Societies.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,111,771 books! | Top bar: Always visible