Just Too Good to Be True: A Novel by E. Lynn…

Just Too Good to Be True: A Novel

by E. Lynn Harris

Good book. Different from Harris's usual focus on men on the down low and their struggles with love and identity. however, I truly enjoyed this book. The storyline was good and several of Harris's major themes found in the majority of hisbworks were present. ( )
  ofgr8value | Aug 6, 2011 |
This book was so highly anticipated by E. Lynn Harris fans such as myself.I must say I am extremely disappointed. I'm not impressed by this book at all.I knew exactly what was going to happen before it happened.His last one I Say a Little Prayer, I didn't even force myself to finish because it was so boring.I hope he does better or else I'm going to have to give up on him like I did Omar Tyree. Let's just say I'm glad this was a library book...smh ( )
  kjdavis87 | Apr 18, 2010 |
Brady Bledsoe is the star athlete on Central Georgia University's football team. He's a senior, gorgeous, up for the Heisman trophy and is saving himself for marriage. Barrett Elizabeth Manning is the new gorgeous cheerleader that has caught Brady's eye. She plays hard to get, but eventually starts dating Brady. Is she really into him or up to something?

Carmyn is Brady's mother. She has raised him to be "the perfect gentleman" and expects him to stay focused, work hard and remain a virgin until marriage. Little does Brady know, his mother has secrets of her own.

This novel addresses how secrets and lies can torment our lives and forces us to take an honest look at who we are, what motivates us to make the choices we do and to realize it's never too late to become who we really want to be. Highly recommended. ( )
  scoutlee | Aug 11, 2008 |

Harris serves up a treat that will capture and enchant audiences everywhere—a big, bold, and irresistible novel about football, family, and secrets.

Brady Bledsoe and his mother, Carmyn, have a strong relationship. A single mother, faithful churchgoer, and the owner of several successful Atlanta beauty salons, Carmyn has devoted herself to her son and his dream of becoming a professional football player. Brady has always followed her lead, including becoming a member of the church’s "Celibacy Circle." Now in his senior year at college, the smart, and very handsome, Brady is a lead contender for the Heisman Trophy and a spot in the NFL.

As sports agents hover around Brady, Barrett, a beautiful and charming cheerleader, sets her mind on tempting the celibate Brady and getting a piece of his multimillion-dollar future—but is that all she wants from him, and is she acting alone?

Carmyn is determined to protect her son. She’s also determined to protect the secret she’s kept from Brady his whole life. As things heat up on campus and Carmyn and Brady’s idyllic relationship starts to crumble, mother and son begin to wonder about the other—are you just too good to be true?

A sweeping novel about mothers and sons, football and beauty shops, secrets and lies, JUST TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE has all the ingredients that have made E. Lynn Harris a bestselling author: family, friendship, faith, and love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:30 -0400)

Brady Bledsoe and his mother, Carmyn, have a strong relationship. A single mother, faithful churchgoer, and the owner of several successful Atlanta beauty salons, Carmyn has devoted herself to her son and his dream of becoming a professional football player. Brady has always followed her lead, including becoming a member of the church's "Celibacy Circle." Now in his senior year at college, the smart, and very handsome, Brady is a lead contender for the Heisman Trophy and a spot in the NFL. As sports agents hover around Brady, Barrett, a beautiful and charming cheerleader, sets her mind on tempting the celibate Brady and getting a piece of his multimillion-dollar future--but is that all she wants from him, and is she acting alone?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,398,239 books! | Top bar: Always visible