What Happens at Mass: Unfolding the Meaning…

What Happens at Mass: Unfolding the Meaning of the Church's Eucharist (edition 2005)

by Jeremy Driscoll (Author)

What Happens at Mass draws the reader to a deeper understanding of the Mystery of Faith. The Mass is the gift of and an encounter with Jesus Christ. What Happens at Mass is about God acting in our lives through tangible human actions and words. This book draws us closer to the ritual of the Mass, which is nothing less than the very event of our salvation. "Father Driscoll has done something remarkable here. He has written an intelligent, yet widely accessible, guide to the Mass. This book will be very popular with parish study groups, adult education courses, and with individuals on the lookout for the best spiritual reading" Scott Hahn Father Jeremy Driscoll is a Benedictine monk of Mount Angel Abbey in Oregon. He teaches at Mount Angel Seminary and the Pontifical Atheneum of Sant'Anselmo, Rome.… (more)
Member:ckennicott
Title:What Happens at Mass: Unfolding the Meaning of the Church's Eucharist
Authors:Jeremy Driscoll (Author)
Info:Gracewing (2013), 208 pages

Work Information

What Happens at Mass by Jeremy Driscoll

I am only on page 15 but I say READ IT! READ IT, MARK IT, and INWARDLY DIGEST IT!

This is book I always wanted to write. It is not about "how to" liturgics or "how to" anything else-- it's about what is happening at the Eucharist, the Mass, actually what God is doing and who the Church responds not as a collection of individuals or even as institution, but as Christ present in the world which he loves.

It is concrete, specific, and eternal! PLEASE read it! ( )
  joelwatson | Aug 27, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 169,940,196 books! | Top bar: Always visible