Aftershock (Mindwarp 6)

by Chris Archer

Series: Mindwarp (6)

2221,016,373 (3.5)None
Did you ever wish you had special powers? Toni Douglas did, but she is about to find out that being able to fire lightning bolts on command can get a girl into a lot of trouble.

Toni's 13th birthday is a disaster when weird things happen to her – and then it becomes dangerous.
  BLTSbraille | Oct 17, 2021 |
This story starts back where End of the World starts, but we get the view through Jhaer's eyes, and Unseelie leader's eyes. The day when everyone, except Jhaer, is celebrating the union of Seelie and Unseelie and the day the fey world fell apart at his feet.

We get the other side of the coin here. A thought is planted as to why the fey world crumbles and it could be the same reason the Seelie are celebrating. Jhaer, having the Earth magic, survives the collapse and decides to collect other fey to protect and teach them how to survive with the help of Earth born fey.

This short story creates a bigger world. We learn a tad of the courts and Danu's pick. And of exiles surviving in the world without the fey help. Jhaer has started searching for some of the Earth born fey, and finding them usually in tight spots, "saves" them. This is where we learn of the sidhe and fey enemies in the world; wizards, vampires and changlings.

I liked the Unseelie story side better. Things are not always "good" and you have to adjust with it. The writing descriptions here seemed to resinate in my mind better too. Jhaer has the dark, bad boy feel yet he is doing right by others, but to save himself too. ( )
  MelHay | Jan 14, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,429,647 books! | Top bar: Always visible