The Language of Letting Go: Daily…

The Language of Letting Go: Daily Meditations for Codependents (Hazelden… (edition 1990)

by Melody Beattie (Author)

Written for those of us who struggle with codependency, these daily meditations offer growth and renewal, and remind us that the best thing we can do is take responsibility for our own self-care. Melody Beattie integrates her own life experiences and fundamental recovery reflections in this unique daily meditation book written especially for those of us who struggle with the issue of codependency. Problems are made to be solved, Melody reminds us, and the best thing we can do is take responsibility for our own pain and self-care. In this daily inspirational book, Melody provides us with a thought to guide us through the day and she encourages us to remember that each day is an opportunity for growth and renewal.… (more)
Member:mkmannix
Title:The Language of Letting Go: Daily Meditations for Codependents (Hazelden Meditation Series)
Authors:Melody Beattie (Author)
Info:Hazelden Publishing (1990), Edition: 1st, 393 pages
Collections:Religion, Your library

The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie

This is a nice collection of meditations, one for each day of the year. It is a good rehash of the bulk of what was said in [book: Codependent No More] and [book: A Codependent's Guide to the Twelve Steps]. A lot of the time it was actually far easier to read than both of those, in fact. Every idea was distilled down to its most basic - to be read in a couple of minutes while drinking coffee or tea, and then meditated on for the rest of the day.

The book loses some impact when read cover to cover, but I actually found it occupying a nice spot in the back of my mind all the same. Did I take the time to think before I spoke today? Did I take the time to review the events of the day at least once and think of what I did well, and what I could improve tomorrow? Did I procrastinate?

The book is really great, honestly. It could help just about anyone pause and reconsider their actions, then alter them a little it each day to make the world a better, more positive place. [author: Melody Beattie] has a very approachable writing voice, and that shines through even in this volume. I'm very glad I was recommended her last year, and I'm honestly a bit sad I've now read everything my library has to offer from her. All the same, I know I've learned a lot in my journey through her books. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
Excellent! ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
ongoing, forever reading. ( )
  cemagoc | Aug 8, 2016 |
A great book to remind us of what we already know. Beattie gives us an easily readable format and provides us with common sensical meditations on pulling it together to try to create a balanced life. ( )
  dbsovereign | Jan 26, 2016 |
Helpful daily meditation. Enjoyed all of the messages and the time to take to read it. Daily was helpful!!! ( )
  MonicaLynn | Jan 3, 2012 |

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,638,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible