Fire Star (2006)

by Chris D'Lacey

Series: The Last Dragon Chronicles (3)

David Rain is faced with the most perilous task yet when Gwilanna returns, this time determined to resurrect the dragon Gawain on the ice cap of the Tooth of Ragnar, unless David and her friends can stop her.

A good book for young adults and teens. ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Apr 15, 2022 |
I have not yet read this book.
  LynneQuan | Sep 27, 2017 |
Fire Star was a good book. I thought Fire Star was a book with a lot of details. Which I thought was good and bad. Though it did have a nice plot. Fire Star is a good book for 10-14 year olds. I hope you enjoy the book if you read it! ( )
  Alexa10345 | Aug 30, 2016 |
A good book for young adults and teens. ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Jun 20, 2016 |
Fire Star is the third book in the Last Dragon Chronicles, by Chris d'Lacey. The same characters that appeared in the previous books appear in this book. David is in the Arctic, studying global warming and writing a story. The story comes out to be true and Zanna disappears. At the same time, Lucy is abducted by Gwillanna. Gwillinanna wants to awaken Gawain, the last dragon, however she is defeated by a Fain. Grockle is awakened again and sets out to put Gawain's final piece together, but he is captured and Arthur, Lucy's father saves him. In the end, David sacrifices himself to save the world.
This was probably my favorite book this far into the series. If there was a six stars, I'd give it! It combines fantasy and sci-fi. I found the ending super- sad. I wonder what the next book will be about. I hope David survives(somehow), so we can see him in the next book. In all, I love this book! ( )
  JanW.B1 | Oct 21, 2013 |

Chris D'Laceyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Koob-Pawis, PetraÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nowatzyk, NoraIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

The lights that shine so softly through our firmament are the patterns involved in unfolding. Pick out a pattern and you have the key to meaning, the means for healing and all the help you need to find the way... Gifts of Unknown things by Lyall Watson (Hodder & Stoughton Ltd, 1976)
For Jay Shall we commingle? Thank you to everyone who has helped to produce and support this book: Team Orchard (thank you, Penny, for stepping in so late), Kathy Hector, Derek & Susan, LWC, Sandy and her staff at Browsers Bookshop, Shelley at Harborough, Merel Reinink, and Marshall - they still love the Web site, mate.
There is a sign in the heavens

David Rain is faced with a perilous task. ICEFIRE's evil sibyl Gwilanna is back, this time determined to resurrect the dragon Gawain on the ice cap of the Tooth of Ragnar. Can David and his friends stop her before it's too late?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,321,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible