iPhone: The Missing Manual

by David Pogue

Answers found here! In iOS 7, Apple gave the iPhone the most radical makeover in its history. The new software is powerful, sleek, and a perfect companion to the iPhone 5s and 5c--but it's wildly different. Fortunately, David Pogue is back with an expanded edition of his witty, full-color guide: the world's most popular iPhone book. The important stuff you need to know: The iPhone 5s. This book unearths all the secrets of the newest iPhone--faster chip,dual-color flash, fingerprint scanner, and more--and its colorful companion, the 5c. The iOS 7 software. Older iPhones gain Control Center, AirDrop, iTunes Radio, free Internet phone calls, and about 197 more new features. This book covers it all. The apps. That catalog of 1,000,000 add-on programs makes the iPhone's phone features almost secondary. Now you'll know how to find, manage, and exploit those apps. The iPhone may be the world's coolest computer, but it's still a computer, with all of a computer's complexities. iPhone: The Missing Manual is a funny, gorgeously illustrated guide to the tips, shortcuts, and workarounds that will turn you, too, into an iPhone addict.… (more)

As with Pogue's other books, this was a great owner's manual for my new iPhone 4S. ( )
  Doondeck | Feb 19, 2012 |
Mine's bookmarked and tabbed and is absolutely the best addition to having my iPhone. ( )
  Prop2gether | Jun 23, 2011 |
Why I picked it up: Bought it for Mike, who needs books to teach him about his phone.

Why I finished it: I was interested in the little features I wouldn't have otherwise discovered, like the double- and triple-button-clicks for quick access to multitasking and audio controls.

I'd give it to: Any middle-aged person dealing with their first smart phone. ( )
  yarmando | May 15, 2011 |
Easy to use summary of life with an iPhone. ( )
  Doondeck | Apr 2, 2009 |
I have not had it yet!
  lthduyen | Dec 22, 2008 |

Belongs to Series

O'Reilly Media

3 editions of this book were published by O'Reilly Media.

Editions: 0596804296, 1449393659, 1449362230

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,435,747 books! | Top bar: Always visible