The First Days of School: How to Be an…

The First Days of School: How to Be an Effective Teacher (original 1991; edition 2009)

by Harry K. Wong, Rosemary T. Wong

The best-selling book ever on classroom management and teaching for student achievement with over 3.3 million copies sold. The book walks a teacher, either novice or veteran, through structuring and organizing a classroom for success that can be applied at any time of the year at any grade level, pre-K through college.… (more)
Member:EsmeCodell
Title:The First Days of School: How to Be an Effective Teacher
Authors:Harry K. Wong
Other authors:Rosemary T. Wong
Info:Harry K. Wong Publications (2009), Edition: 4, Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:10 Favorite Professional Books

The First Days of School by Harry K. Wong (1991)

Every few years I like to re-read this book. It really renews my passion for teaching. It's a great reminder of why I use certain practices as well as reminds me of practices I may have forgotten. I received this book as a graduation present from college for my first year of teaching, but twelve years later I still find it practical and useful. I especially appreciated the epilogue and love its comment that our children are becoming an endangered species". Unfortunately that is so true. I do think it might be time to get an updated edition though. It is a few years old." ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
I really recommend reading this before, BEFORE, you teach anything (including adults). ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Recommended by several friends and my mother, I'm finding this book a very succinct and quick guide to really simple and easy success tools. Me gusta! ( )
  benuathanasia | Jul 15, 2015 |
I received a copy of this book when I first started teaching but didn't get around to reading it until the next summer and I was so glad I did! This book is great for new teachers! ( )
  rcarter6 | Feb 18, 2014 |
This is a great book for those who are going into the teaching profession, as well as those who are currently teaching. This book provides ways to increase classroom behavior, and minimizing misbehavior. This allows increasedtime for learning. The book also teaches how to improve teaching. There are many aspects to this book, and is well worth the time it takes to read it. ( )
  torrey23 | Oct 22, 2011 |

Harry K. Wongprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wong, Rosemary T.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Emmer, Bruce F.Editorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Garwood, Heidi HeathIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,220,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible