Auralia's Colors: A Novel (The Auralia…

Auralia's Colors: A Novel (The Auralia Thread) (edition 2008)

by Jeffrey Overstreet

Member:FHC
Title:Auralia's Colors: A Novel (The Auralia Thread)
Authors:Jeffrey Overstreet
Info:WaterBrook Press (2008), Kindle Edition, 334 pages
Tags:to-read

Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet

Great book! I love it, from the start it slowly draws you into a world of magic, enchanting characters, and a perfect plot for twists, and unexpected surprises! A must read for any fantasy lover, and is sure to please! The more I read, the harder it was to put down! Can't wait to get my hands on the next book! Perfection! ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
This smart, lively cautionary tale chronicles the strange history of a kingdom destroying itself over a fundamental misunderstanding about the purpose of Beauty. The first volume in a new epic, Overstreet's novel often feels like a fantasy counterpart to Fahrenheit 451. And in terms of storytelling, it reads like a surprising intersection between the styles of Bradbury, Patricia McKillip, and Kate DiCamillo. - Adam
  stephencrowe | Nov 11, 2015 |
This was a very satisfying book. The quality of the story and the characters was right up there with what you'd expect from Ursula LeGuin. ( )
  DaveCapp | Oct 22, 2014 |
(3.5) ( )
  cecily2 | Dec 29, 2012 |
I liked this book from the very beginning. The setting of the lands, the names of the people and creatures and the fun ways they spoke made for the start of an interesting story. The mystery of Auralia sucked me in and I needed to learn more. Who was she? What change is she destined to change for House Abascar? What are her powers? It sets the stage for a huge and coming change in the Expanse and I can't wait to get my hands on book 2.
Longer review here: http://thebignerdofthree.wordpress.com/2012/11/06/book-review-auralias-colors/ ( )
  TheBigNerd | Nov 20, 2012 |
Auralia lay still as death, like a discarded doll, in a burgundy tangle of rushes and spineweed on the bank of a bend in the River Throanscall, when she was discovered by an old man who did not know her name.

Cloaked in mystery, Auralia grows up among criminals outside the walls of House Abascar, where vicious beastmen lurk in shadow. There, she discovers an unsettling -- and forbidden -- talent for crafting colors that enchant all who behold them, including Abascar's hard-hearted king, an exiled wizard, and a prince who keeps dangerous secrets.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,514,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible