The Book of Dead Days by Marcus Sedgwick

The Book of Dead Days (original 2003; edition 2004)

by Marcus Sedgwick

Series: Book of Dead Days (book 1)

With the help of his servant and an orphan girl, a magician named Valerian searches graveyards, churches, and underground waterways for a book he hopes will save him from a pact he has made with evil.
Member:pmhlearningcentre
Title:The Book of Dead Days
Authors:Marcus Sedgwick
Info:Orion Children's Books (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd ) (2004), Paperback, 264 pages
Tags:Fantasy, Horror

The Book of Dead Days by Marcus Sedgwick (2003)

hb
  5083mitzi | Mar 22, 2021 |
Irritatingly slow. The plot twist at the end was no twist. The lack of explanations for the plot swirling around the protagonist was inexcusable even for a first book in the series. The writing wasn't stellar. ( )
  e2d2 | Jun 2, 2017 |
  lkmuir | Dec 1, 2015 |
The characters, the plot, the 'twist' was all pretty cliche. I felt nothing for any of them. ( )
  LopiCake | Mar 25, 2015 |
This book has elements of Dicken's 'Christmas Carol' and conjured up a rather TimBurton-esque storyscape for me. I joined in the adventure slinking in the dark and narrow alleyways, prowling in dim light -- searching, and cloistered somewhere dank and cramped. It is a story of what we sometimes are willing to sell our souls for -- and how well we honor our part of the deal when destiny / fate / the devil comes collecting. Perhaps, this was meant to be introspective or philosophical, and it was somewhat for me. Despite the rather morbid title, it was an enjoyable and good read.
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

Darkness. Two hours to midnight.

AR 4.7, 9 Pts

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,520,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible