The Pigman's Legacy by Paul Zindel

The Pigman's Legacy (original 1980; edition 1981)

by Paul Zindel (Author)

Series: Pigman (2)

Haunted by the memory of a dead friend, two teenagers join an old man in a series of misadventures.
Member:pnficara
Title:The Pigman's Legacy
Authors:Paul Zindel (Author)
Info:Bantam Dell Pub Group (1981), 114 pages

The Pigman's Legacy by Paul Zindel (1980)

I don't remember a lot about this one, beyond the fact that I definitely read it as a teenager. ( )
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
Entertaining. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
I read the original book, The Pigman in grade school. I liked the story but hated having to write essays about it. I hate studying books. So when contemplating reads for the 2nds challenge, I remembered that I had always wanted to read the other books about The Pigman, (there is also The Pigman and Me which I intend to read.)

I'm glad I decided to read this one. The Pigman's Legacy is even BETTER than The Pigman. I was almost in tears at the end. I love the writing style which switches with each chapter between the two main Characters John and Lorraine. It's also written like the two of them are typing on a computer and telling their story. It's cool to have little side comments that seem more about their lives instead of the story. This writing style is one thing I liked about The Pigman.

The Pigman is a banned book and this one isn't (at least not yet) but I can see some people having a problem with it. Not because of the "swearing" (which is written like this: @#$%) but because there is talk of sex. None of the characters have sex but it is talked about. I don't have a problem with that personally as teens usually know more about sex than we give them credit for and at least it talks about healthy and safe sex.

I recommend this book to all teens, it has a great lesson that you don't need to dissect the book to understand. I look forward to reading The Pigman and Me and also Paul Zindel's other books. ( )
  callista83 | Sep 19, 2008 |

Belongs to Series

Pigman (2)
We, the undersigned kids, make this solemn promise to tell the truth and nothing but the truth, and we pray that anyone who reads this won't go around saying the terrible things they said about us and the first old man who became our friend.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,716,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible