Keeper of the bride by Tess Gerritsen

Keeper of the bride (original 1996; edition 1996)

by Tess Gerritsen

After Nina Cormier was jilted at the altar, the empty church exploded. Then someone tried to run Nina off the road, and she realized someone wanted her dead, but who? That's what Detective Sam Navarro needs to find out. With a nightmare unfolding around them, Sam and Nina decipher the stunning truth. Now they're at the mercy of a brilliant madman who plays for keeps.… (more)
Member:Laura_lita
Title:Keeper of the bride
Authors:Tess Gerritsen
Info:Don Mills, Ont., Canada : Mira, c1996.
Collections:Wishlist

Keeper of the Bride by Tess Gerritsen (1996)

English (14)  Dutch (2)  All languages (16)
I think this is one of her older books and it shows a little. I enjoyed reading it but all throughout I wondered why Nina wasn't in some sort of official protective custody instead of running around with Sam. Yes, I know it was a plot device for the relationship, but I live in Portland and I hope our police department wouldn't act that way. Would they?
Anyway, it's a good read and I love the Portland setting with so many familiar places. Ms. Gerritsen is one of the best at thrillers. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Jun 6, 2021 |
This is supposed to be a “heart-racing romance suspense novel” by an author I've read before and have enjoyed. It's heavy on the romance, light on the suspense. I listened to this through my free trial of Audible Escape, which is a “romance” package, so I shouldn't have been surprised, but I expected better of this author. The story was rather trite. But what really annoyed me was all the instances of men telling Nina what she should do. Back off guys, let the woman think for herself once in awhile. Entertaining, but not great. ( )
  TooBusyReading | Apr 23, 2020 |

After the characters and plot were set this was a great read. Just enough love story and romance mixed with a plot to get the bad guy. ( )
  jnetnoe | May 8, 2018 |
I don't usually read romance novels, but I like Tess Gerritsen, and thought I would give it a try. Not a terrible book. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Ms Gerritsen did it again. The plot is interesting and starts right off with a bombing and doesn't slow down till the end. There are some twists and, of course, some romance. I enjoyed this page turner. ( )
  Diane_K | Jul 14, 2015 |
The wedding was off.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,169,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible