Stone Cold (Camel Club Series) by David…

Stone Cold (Camel Club Series) (edition 2007)

by David Baldacci (Author)

Series: The Camel Club (3)

Oliver Stone, the leader of the mysterious group that calls itself the Camel Club, keeps a vigilant watch over our leaders in Washington, D.C., winning over some allies but also making some formidable enemies. Now two men are out to kill two members of the Camel Club, and Stone must try to stop them.… (more)
Member:SMBrick
Title:Stone Cold (Camel Club Series)
Authors:David Baldacci (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2007), Edition: Unabridged, 9 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:***

Stone Cold by David Baldacci

English (75)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (80)
This is what I call "beach reads for men" or "dude lit" (like, as opposed to "chick lit" get it?) This stuff is no more realistic than your average romance novel, but somehow gets treated with much, much more gravitas? Oh, well. The characters, especially the Camel Club themselves, were entertaining and the plot was suspenseful. A quick read even considering the relatively prolific amount of pages.
In this one, we've also got a decently intelligent, capable female joining the Camel Club, and an antagonist that's rather sympathetic. I like how these are building. ( )
  EmScape | Oct 31, 2020 |
The opening of the book introduces us to Harry Finn. Harry is a solid family man who works for a division of Homeland Security. As we soon find out, Harry is systematically killing off the men he feels are responsible for the death of his father.

Picking up where we left off in The Collectors, Annabelle Conroy had just scammed her mother’s killer, Jerry Bagger, a casino owner in Atlantic City out of $40 million. Now Jerry wants Annabelle dead. Jerry continues his search for Annabelle who, in turn, seeks the help of Oliver and the Camel Club.

In a third storyline, Stone’s secrets are revealed and now he is being hunted by Harry and parts of the US Government, neither of which want him alive.

Villains, assassination teams, killers, and crooks are plotting to win and ancient history must be kept from the public no matter how many people die in the bloody cover-up.

This is an excellent, briskly paced, story that seamlessly weaves several plot lines together while adding additional depth to the Camel Club characters. I can't wait to see what happens in Book #4, [b:Divine Justice|3410425|Divine Justice (Camel Club, #4)|David Baldacci|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1336266873l/3410425._SY75_.jpg|3450678].

TBR 1056 ( )
  Olivermagnus | Jul 2, 2020 |
Okay plot - nothing special. ( )
  lynngood2 | Jun 21, 2020 |
This is a series that is certainly without a doubt is "character driven". These three unlikely super heroes led by Oliver Stone...who has huge secrets of his own...reach out...attach themselves, and grow on you with every addition of this series. This episode of the Camel Club concludes some things that desperately needed to be concluded and at least one that defiantly didn't...came out of the blue...and will change the atmosphere of the remaining two books. I'm upset with David Baldacci over his choice here...but then I'm not an influence for his choices. I'll read the next two books and hope that he comes up with something redeeming.
  Carol420 | Apr 20, 2020 |
It has been a while since I listened to a “thriller,” and I have never listened nor read anything by Baldacci, though I know many people who like him.
I enjoyed listening to this book, narrated by Ron McLarty. I will undoubtedly listen and read other books in this series and a few not.

I have given it 4 stars because it IS a good book, but not on a par with regular fiction. Not like fiction of Amor Towles, or Fredrick Backman, not non-fiction like Ron Chernow, or Walter Issacson. ( )
  kaulsu | Mar 20, 2018 |

David Baldacciprimary authorall editionscalculated
McLarty, RonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Bernard Mason, steel true, blade straight and To the memory of Frank L. Jennings, who meant so much to so many.
Harry Finn rose as usual at six-thirty, made coffee, let the dog out into the fenced backyard for its morning constitutional, showered, shaved, woke the kids for school and oversaw that complicated operation for the next half hour as breakfasts were gulped, backpacks and shoes grabbed and arguments started and settled.

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446577391, 0446195103, 1600240526, 0446615641, 1600244602

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,254,566 books! | Top bar: Always visible