NIV Life Application Study Bible

by Tyndale

1,211912,894 (4.45)None
What does God's Word mean for my life today? One of today's bestselling study Bibles, the NIV Life Application Study Bible has over 10,000 application notes to help you understand the message of Scripture and apply it to your life in practical ways. Verse-by-verse commentary sheds light on the stories and and teachings of Scripture from Genesis to Revelation. Learn from the stories of major Bible characters by exploring their strengths, weaknesses, accomplishments, and mistakes. Hear and respond to the truths of Scripture through overviews, outlines, and time lines and the beginning of each book, and grasp difficult concepts using in-text maps, charts and diagrams.  With all these study tools and more, the NIV Life Application Study Bible, Second Edition, will help you discover how God's Word applies to your life today. The large print edition makes it easy for people of all ages to read both the text and the study helps. Features: Complete text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV) Over 10,000 in-text application notes Over 100 character profiles 16 pages of full-color maps Book introductions In-text maps, charts, and diagrams Dictionary-concordance Subject index for notes, maps, profiles and more Side-column reference system Harmony of the Gospels Presentation page Two ribbon markers Bonded leather cover lays flat when open 11-point type size… (more)
    Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

I recieved this Bible as a confirmation gift, and I really like it. The Gospel harmony is a great feature. ( )
  et.carole | Jan 21, 2022 |
The NIV edition of today's #1-selling study Bible has been updated and expanded. Over 300 new Life Application notes, nearly 350 note revisions, 16 new personality profiles, updated charts, and a Christian Worker's Resource have been added. The Life Application Study Bible not only explains difficult passages and provides valuable background on Bible life and times but also shows how God's Word speaks to every circumstance and situation of life.

Features:
Over 300 new Life Application notes and significant revisions to nearly 350 others.
16 new Personality Profiles.
Most charts revised to clarify meaning and importance, plus eight all-new charts.
New information on the intertestamental period.
Christian Worker's Resource―a special supplement to enhance the reader's ministry effectiveness.
  tony_sturges | Aug 23, 2018 |
My first study bible - I love the look and feel of this Bible. I love all the information at the bottom of each page plus the personal information on key characters. At the beginning of of each book is a page describing about when it was written, who for, and by who, also telling what is included in that book. This can also be bought in other versions. ( )
  kykim | Apr 13, 2016 |
NIV Life Application Study Bible (Anglicised) – A Beautiful Bible

The NIV Life Application Study Bible is one of the most beautiful, easy to use Bibles that is perfect for personal study or if it were to be used in group resource. The NIV Life Application as well as being in my opinion the best study Bible available, and for me one of the easiest to read as we are not forced to read passages squeezed in to columns on a page. For those that tend to complain about the use of American English this has been Anglicised, so no z where it should be s!

As someone who studied Theology and used to using a Bible but still gets brain freeze sometimes I find that this study Bible is a welcome help. As there are a number of study features that are included throughout the Bible, which helps to make the Scriptures more available for all rather keeping many of the books a mystery except for scholars.

Why a Life Application Bible? If you are attempting to read the Bible by yourself and have no access to a Priest or Pastor to advise you on how to take the Word and apply it your life there are close to 10,000 study tools to help and advice. The great thing about this Bible it has been worked on by scholars of various denominations so there is ‘political’ slant that way. This is a Bible where the Scriptures are easy to read, explained in plain English and how to apply them to your life.

There is so much to praise here with the excellent introductions to each book, with advice notes on them. There are some wonderful charts and maps, excellent cross-referencing, plus an extensive index. The integrity of this translation is intact as the NIV is regarded as the best combination of accuracy and more importantly readability.

If you are an old hand at reading the Bible, or coming to the Bible for the first time to read, study and learn I cannot recommend NIV Life Application Study Bible (Anglicised) highly enough. I have the hard back copy and find it excellent, but there are leather and other cover options available. Buy this Bible and you will have access to the Scriptures in a modern way without the scholars waffle! ( )
  atticusfinch1048 | Sep 10, 2015 |
The best book of all time; read once; twice; thrice; etc. etc etc; currently on my 3rd time and am still amazed by how i find not only new insights but actually new stories that i don't remember from the 1st 2 times ( )
  longhorndaniel | May 29, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,425,676 books! | Top bar: Always visible