How to Talk Dirty and Influence People: An…

How to Talk Dirty and Influence People: An Autobiography (edition 2017)

by Lenny Bruce (Author), Ronnie Marmo (Reader), Lewis Black (Preface), Howard Reich (Foreword)

619225,160 (3.87)11
During the course of a career that began in the late 1940s, Lenny Bruce challenged the sanctity of organized religion and other societal and political conventions; he widened the boundaries of free speech. Critic Ralph Gleason said, "So many taboos have been lifted and so many comics have rushed through the doors Lenny opened. He utterly changed the world of comedy." Although Bruce died when he was only forty, his influence on the worlds of comedy, jazz, and satire are incalculable. How to Talk Dirty and Influence People remains a brilliant existential account of his life and the forces that made him the most important and controversial entertainer in history.… (more)
Member:arewenotmen
Title:How to Talk Dirty and Influence People: An Autobiography
Authors:Lenny Bruce (Author)
Other authors:Ronnie Marmo (Reader), Lewis Black (Preface), Howard Reich (Foreword)
Info:Hachette Original (2017), Edition: Unabridged
Rating:*

How to Talk Dirty and Influence People by Lenny Bruce

Books (75)

Interesting, but dated values. I want to think of Lenny Bruce as a cool rebel, but he just comes across as plain old sleazy... ( )
  LaurelPoe | Dec 25, 2017 |
I guess it's true that Jews really do have a lot in common with Blacks...
I remember the days when the media could make or break a career - now that job belongs to Facebook. I appreciate the candor of Lenny's writing.

Lenny Bruce wrote this book with the insight of a man who has seen the end and knows that it is near. These memoirs extol his wit, while examining the good, bad and ugly (much about himself). Mr. Bruce took-down badges ad named names without sounding wimpy, exposing the farce of the justice-system and giving kudos to those who stood for true justice.

At times, the book was difficult to follow, as Lenny wrote it the way he spoke - often a rant, like a conversation inside his head. I enjoyed to the fullest...SMILE!!! ( )
  Madamxtra | Mar 20, 2017 |
I dedicate this book to all the followers of Christ and his teachings; in particular to a true Christian--Jimmy Hoffa--because he hired ex-convicts as, I assume, Christ would have.

$12.00 new Trade Paperback.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,320,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible