HomeGroupsTalkExplore

The Alphabet Of Manliness (revised) by…

The Alphabet Of Manliness (revised) (edition 2009)

by Maddox (Author)

Sometimes in life you say certain words in conjunction with other words that you normally wouldn't, such as the word "holy" and the word "shit." Those times are rare and celebrated. Well, get your face hole ready, because this is one of those times: introducing The Alphabet of Manliness: Special Edition!    If it's a crime to be awesome, then I deserve three life sentences and the death penalty. This literary kick to the dick may very well be the greatest compilation of all things manly throughout history.   The new edition includes:    * "The Numbers of Manliness."    * A full-color insert    * Corrections to typos!   I, Maddox, the author, personally guarantee that this is the best edition of the book since the last one. This book is only for the saltiest, hairiest, most rugged sons of bitches out there. However, it would be selfish to keep it for myself, so feel free to pick up a copy. This humble tome of wisdom is a tribute to all men who toil away at work every day, getting their balls busted or busting balls alike.   If you can't handle the punch to the colon I'm about to deliver to you, look on the bright side: you'll save a fortune on Halloween when kids come to your door to pick apart your candy ass. On the other hand, if you feel comfortable with the risk of having your ass neatly packaged and handed to you with all the trimmings, cut the foreplay and crack the book open already.… (more)
Member:Beardicus
Title:The Alphabet Of Manliness (revised)
Authors:Maddox (Author)
Info:Citadel (2009), Edition: Expanded, 192 pages
Rating:***

Work Information

The Alphabet Of Manliness by Maddox

Bigger Damner Book of Sheer Manliness by von Hoffman Brothers (fugitive)
    fugitive: Even MORE politically incorrect macho-ishness.
    The Von Hoffmann Bros.' Big Damn Book of Sheer Manliness by Todd Von Hoffmann (fugitive, fugitive)
    fugitive: Another manly title for manly men (mainly).
    fugitive: More politically incorrect macho-ishness.

highly entertaining. ( )
  Brian-B | Nov 30, 2022 |
This book was an unusual Christmas gift, mostly to serve as a reminder of the good ol' days when some people actually considered The Best Page in the Universe to be Maddox's.

I used to think this was funny, and there are some laughs to be found - but its less clever than it thinks it is. ( )
  ManWithAnAgenda | Feb 18, 2019 |
I bought this because the cover was ridiculous and it sounded way over the top. It was. After reading it, I feel like more of a man than I have ever been... Someone hand me some soap, it's kinda gross being a man, maybe I can scrub some of this off of me.

If you can't tell from other reviews or even just the intro, this is not for the faint of (social) heart. Feminists who read it might develop random ticks. Here's the thing, you have to be able to take a joke if you want to enjoy this. Mr. Maddox is working overtime to push negative masculine stereotypes to their limits and for me it was hilarious. I might not be good for his reputation, but I would guess that writing some of this probably made him flinch at times.

On a side note, I was worried for a moment that someone might read this and actually agree with it, but really I don't think those people do a whole lot of reading so I don't think there's anything to worry about. ( )
  ragwaine | Mar 13, 2017 |
This is the burliest, hairiest, lumberjackiest, ahoy-me-matiest, chauvinistiest, ball-stompiest, tawdriest, camel-toeiest book on manliness ever written. It's also the only one, and so it's the best one. I put my brain cells in park to enjoy this one. Don't read it, it's not for impressionable minds, unless you want to become a MAN, man! I el oh elled at several points, which was a problem because the naughty graphics are not what you want an eavesdropper getting a peek at. I want to give this 5 stars so badly, but truthfully, I'd think less of myself. For those wondering why I read this filth, it's all about balance. I've put my brain cells back in drive and am reading "The Black Swan."
  MartinBodek | Jun 11, 2015 |
Ok, I could take the misogyny, toilet jokes, perversions, sexual violence.

But to laud Metal while denigrating Hippie music? Unacceptable.

Maybe, just maybe, I chuckled over the sections on pirates, winners and zombies. ( )
  Sandydog1 | Mar 29, 2013 |

Maddoxprimary authorall editionscalculated
Allié, ManfredTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Günther, PamelaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Larkin, BobCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 183,155,879 books! | Top bar: Always visible