Sombras = Shadows (Scholastic Science…

Sombras = Shadows (Scholastic Science Readers) (Spanish Edition) (edition 2011)

by Carolyn B. Otto (Author), Queta Fernandez (Translator)

Series: Scholastic Science Readers (Level 1)

345658,185 (4)None
Shadows--what they are and why they change--are explained in this guide that encourages budding scientists to experiment with flashlights and create all different kinds of shadows. Full-color photos.
Member:caguilarramirez16
Title:Sombras = Shadows (Scholastic Science Readers) (Spanish Edition)
Authors:Carolyn B. Otto (Author)
Other authors:Queta Fernandez (Translator)
Info:Scholastic (2011), 31 pages

Shadows (Scholastic Science Readers) by Carolyn Otto

One of the things that the book made me think was about introducing the way light makes shadows. The first pages it talks about the sun and how it creates the shadow depending on what way the sun is reflecting off of us. If it behind us out shadow will be infront of us etc. Not only does it talk about shadows but also the different forms of light. I thought would be usedto start a lesson and ask students for anything that it made them think of or wonder. ( )
  caguilarramirez16 | May 31, 2019 |
Discusses what causes shadows and how they make their shape
1 book
  TUCC | Jan 26, 2017 |
This is an excellent book to read to children about how shadows appear, when, and why. The illustrations are actual pictures of shadows which helps the kids identify it in the real world. I would read this book to children grades k-third because the words are simple, but not complicated enough for older kids. ( )
  sdeshotel | Feb 27, 2014 |
A serviceable nonfiction on the topic. Used as part of a K unit on shadows. ( )
  Turrean | Feb 15, 2014 |
Young children are naturally curious about the world around them. Learning about and understanding shadows tends to a hot topic in my kindergarten class. In the Scholastic Science Readers series, the book SHADOWS does an excellent job of helping students understand what makes shadows and why we have them. This book is a level 1 reader for children from ages 5 to 6. The text in the book is a little challenging for a level 1 beginning reader. Personally, I feel this book is more of a level 3 book. That being said, unlike most readers, this book would make for a good read aloud in a classroom. The author includes some very interesting information about shadows and uses some new vocabulary words to help students enhance their speaking skills. Additionally, the author includes some experiments that students can do with flashlights to learn more about shadows. Students will enjoy looking at the pictures to see if they can create shadows like the ones in the book. Overall, this book would be beneficial to have in a classroom library. It might be a little difficult for the students to read independently, but the pictures are interesting to look at. ( )
  amartin2787 | Nov 21, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,482,125 books! | Top bar: Always visible