Still Life with Crows (Pendergast, Book 4)…

Still Life with Crows (Pendergast, Book 4) (original 2003; edition 2004)

by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child

When the farm community of Medicine Creek, Kansas, is terrorized by a series of disturbing murders, FBI agent Pendergast discovers a link between a moonshine operation and an unsolved killing from more than 150 years earlier.
Member:TheCriticalTimes
Title:Still Life with Crows (Pendergast, Book 4)
Authors:Douglas Preston
Other authors:Lincoln Child
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2004), Mass Market Paperback, 592 pages
Tags:Literary Fiction

Still Life with Crows by Douglas Preston (2003)

Recently added bySirThomas, private library, dracul72, kendallone, Lasergehirn, chichi67, airun95, LondonLori

English (62)  Spanish (2)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (67)
A mutilated, ritually-displayed, corpse found in a cornfield draws the series protagonist, Agent Pendergast to Medicine Creek, Kansas or how the locals like to call their town, Medicine Crick. Pendergast's intrusion into Sheriff Hazen's county is not welcomed; however, he believes that he can't prevent the FBI agent's investigation. Another thorn in his side is the fact Pendergast has hired an adolescent misfit to transport him around the town and to provide information about the history of the town and its residents. When additional murders occur, Pendergast begins to wonder if the murders could be related to an old curse associated with the ancient Indian burial mounds located near town.

The audiobook I listened to was produced well. Scott Brick was skilled in narrating this book; he effectively juggled the many characters, male and female, of this book. His voice added to the suspense of this novel. I hope that he narrates the other novels. ( )
  John_Warner | Jul 12, 2019 |
I love several books in the Pendergast series. But, I think Still Lif with Crows is my personal favorite. It has an interesting and engrossing plot and best of it all we are introduced to Corrie Swanson, who besides Pendergast is my favorite character in the series! ( )
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
Pendergast is a terrific character. Preston and Child are terrific writers. The entire concept is right in my wheelhouse when I'm looking for an X-Files fix and I'm not in the mood to rewatch some Mulder and Scully. This is another solid entry in the series and is as good or better than those that came before. As such, it made me bump up the next one to a spot closer to the top of the TBR pile. ( )
  jimgysin | Mar 22, 2019 |
Another great read in the Pendergast series. While some of these books aren't always a 5-star read, they're still incredibly enjoyable and I always find myself looking to grab the next one of the series at Barnes & Noble when it gets released each year. Hats off to Pendergast and all of his investigations. ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 2, 2018 |
Started slow, but oh what a finish!! Another great Pendergast tale! ( )
  melanieklo | Jul 25, 2018 |
That FBI Special Agent Pendergast, one of the most charismatic thriller heroes in memory, dominates this latest novel from Preston/Child is the good news; that he's working the least interesting case of his literary career (other outings include The Cabinet of Curiosities and Reliquary) is the bad...This may be minor Preston/Child, but it is major Pendergast; those for whom he's the cup of tea will drink deep.
added by mysterymax | editPublisher's Weekly (Jun 2, 2003)

Preston, Douglasprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Child, Lincolnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Marjamäki, PekkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lincoln Child dedicates this book to his daughter, Veronica.
Douglas Preston dedicates this book to Mario Spezi.
Medicine Creek, Kansas. Early August. Sunset.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,314,477 books! | Top bar: Always visible