Unpuzzling Your Past: A Basic Guide to…

Unpuzzling Your Past: A Basic Guide to Genealogy (edition 1989)

by Emily Anne Croom (Author)

Describes methods for conducting genealogical research and explains how to trace the history of a family through the use of living sources and public records.
Member:cmeBookCollection
Title:Unpuzzling Your Past: A Basic Guide to Genealogy
Authors:Emily Anne Croom (Author)
Info:Betterway Books (1989), Edition: 2nd, 184 pages
Collections:Genealogy, Your library
Tags:genealogy

Unpuzzling Your Past: The Best-Selling Basic Guide to Genealogy by Emily Anne Croom

Recently added byTinaRuse, rohr3, cmeBookCollection, bkgenie, JFeld, private library, whiteknight120, mculpon

Whenever I get into a hobby (if I can dignify my ephemeral ineterests with such a term) I usually plunge right in and start messing with whatever has piqued my interest. A few months later, I then get a introductory book on the subject and use it to organize my newly gained experience and fill in some of the things I missed. If I really get into
a hobby, I may even go out and buy a book. Anyway, I confirmed genealogy and my web site as official hobbies by picking up the appropriate introductory volumes at the fall 2003 Friends of the Library sale. This is the genealogy one. It's nice enough and has some good, basic info. (as well as some forms to photocopy) However, it's geared toward someone who is writing a family history--complete with recollections and anecdotes. Me, I'm in the facts stage of things. I don't care what odd habits Great-great-grandpa Lewis Graham had. I want to know what part of Canada he hails from and if he's really part Onandaga like my aunts and uncles claim. But then, I'm treating this all more like a puzzle to be solved than a heritage to be claimed. Anyway, I've got my 75 cents worth. If you're looking for an intro to genealogy, this is worth checking out, but I suspect there are other books out there which would serve just as well.
--J. ( )
  Hamburgerclan | Sep 10, 2006 |
Foreword
Genealogy is akin to assembling a jigsaw puzzle about ancestors, one generation at a time. This fascinating hobby quite naturally begins at home and expands to research in public records of many kinds.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,377,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible