A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal…

by Karen Andreola

Member:WHHE_Library
Title:A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections on the Gentle Art of Learning
Authors:Karen Andreola
Info:Charlotte Mason Research & Supply Company (1998), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Charlotte Mason Resources

A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections on the Gentle Art of Learning by Karen Andreola

Pocketful of Pinecones: Nature Study With the Gentle Art of Learning : A Story for Mother Culture by Karen Andreola (paideiabooks)
    paideiabooks: This is a great book to read along side of A Charlotte Mason Companion. You can see how one mother used the lessons from Ms. Mason to teach her own children.

This is one of my absolute favorite books. I've been homeschooling for over 13 yrs and it's my go-to book for remembering to enjoy the journey.
  MamaJewel | Apr 17, 2011 |
A wonderful view on what education is and how children can come by it naturally, with a bit of guidance, and still enjoy their childhood. A definite must before you start homeschooling, it will make your journey much more enjoyable, less stressful and successful for both yourself and your child. I didn't discover it until after I had taught my children for a couple of years. Those years were frustrating and tearful because I was trying to recreate the classroom (designed for a multitude of children) rather than exploring the freedom of learning in my home and town. ( )
  MrsLee | Mar 28, 2009 |
Love this book. If you are considering a Charlotte Mason style of education, this is a must-read! ( )
  jamielee | Jun 26, 2008 |
out to Holly Williams
  abchomeschool | Sep 21, 2007 |
WOW! this book is just PACKED with ideas to make use of literature and to make learning FUN! ( )
  BoundTogetherForGood | Jan 25, 2007 |

"This long-awaited book on Charlotte Mason's philosophy by well-known speaker and columnist Karen Andreola provides a wealth of insight, practical advice, and narratives illustrating how the ideas of the famed turn-of-the-century educator actually works in "real life""--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,752,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible