The War with Grandpa by Robert Kimmel Smith

The War with Grandpa (edition 1995)

by Robert Kimmel Smith

Member:sister_ray
Title:The War with Grandpa
Authors:Robert Kimmel Smith
Info:Yearling (1995), Paperback
Tags:realistic fiction, juvenile, humor, friendship, family, death, relationships, epistolary novel

The War with Grandpa by Robert Kimmel Smith

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Peter is thrilled that Grandpa is coming to live with his family. That is, until Grandpa moves right into Peter’s room, forcing him upstairs. Peter loves his grandpa but wants his room back. He has no choice but to declare war! With the help of his friends, Peter devises outrageous plans to make Grandpa surrender the room. But Grandpa is tougher than he looks. Rather than give in, Grandpa plans to get even.
  wichitafriendsschool | Jul 22, 2017 |
I wonder if this 'bibliotherapy' is still relevant? I wonder if I would even have heard of it, were it not required reading in teacher-training.... ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
A good story, albeit in rather a strange style. A boy resents having to give up his bedroom when his recently widowed grandfather comes to live with his family. The plot is interesting, the book well-written, and the people believable ( )
  SueinCyprus | Jan 26, 2016 |
I highly recommend you buy this book. The reason I found out about this book is because of my teacher. It was so funny. My favorite part was when Peter stole his grandpas dentures and his watch. My favorite paragraph was when he said he was waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think when Peter declared war and called himself "The Secret Warrior", was so cool. Another reason I like this book is it was so funny; like when Grandpa Jack went and mixed up all of Peter's cloths, which made him late for school. It was so funny that his pants were inside out his book's were in different suitcases. ( )
  gjchauvin504 | Nov 15, 2012 |

Has as a student's study guide

Upset that he has to give up the room he loves to his grandfather, Pete decides to declare war in an attempt to get it back. What ensues is a hilarious play-by-play as each plays tricks on the another.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,242,029 books! | Top bar: Always visible