Jesus Freaks: Stories of Those Who Stood for…

Jesus Freaks: Stories of Those Who Stood for Jesus The Ultimate Jesus… (original 1999; edition 1999)

by D. C. Talk, The Voice of the Martyrs

Series: Jesus Freaks (1)

Christian recording group, dc Talk, captures the hearts of young people with this gripping compilation of stories about martyrs past and present. They tell of those who gave it all for God and are the ultimate Jesus Freaks. Young and old alike will ask themselves what they are trading their lives for!… (more)
Member:JonathanTripp
Title:Jesus Freaks: Stories of Those Who Stood for Jesus The Ultimate Jesus Freaks
Authors:D. C. Talk
Other authors:The Voice of the Martyrs
Info:Albury Publishers (1999), Edition: Edition Unstated, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:My bookshelves

Jesus Freaks: Stories of Those Who Stood for Jesus by dc Talk (Author) (1999)

A very powerful and thought provoking book. Great for all Christians and anyone who likes history and true stories. ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
If you want to be challenged to live the Christian life in spite of those who would disagree with you, then read these stories of people who died for what they believe in. It will give one a whole new perspective on standing for what you believe in. I have to ask myself if I could be as strong as these people were, and pray that I too would take my stand for Jesus as these people did. It also causes me to pray for those in countries where the gospel is not allowed to be proclaimed freely. Be prepared to be challenged! ( )
  judyg54 | Jun 18, 2014 |
I think with a book like this, you can't help but compare yourself to the people in the book. It is part of the purpose of the book. I wonder about myself; whether I would have faith strong enough to die for it. Right now, I don't think I would. So it's interesting to me that all the people in this book have died or lived for there faith. Part of me wants to strive to be like them—living for my faith. Another part is confused.
I think this is a interesting book for most Christians to read because we all want to strive to be more faithful in life. If you are not Christian, I am not sure it will interest you. It might but I think it is a little strong for non-Christians. ( )
  lavenderagate | Aug 26, 2011 |
I thought it was a good read, loved the older stories about the original 12 ( )
  nirrad | Jun 1, 2011 |
Really good to read some stories out of it once in a while. ( )
  DanielMH | Mar 18, 2011 |
I love this book it help remind me of the freedom for believers when i want to wine about life
added by ronmarvel | editRon Marvel

dc TalkAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
The Voice of the MartyrsAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Dedicated to...

all those who refused to deny Jesus.
Your faith was not in vain.
She was 17 years old.

There are more Christian martyrs today than there were in AD 100--in the days of the Roman Empire. Now in the twenty-first century, according to the Center for the Study of Global Christianity, more than 150,000 Christians are martyred around the world every year. "Remember the Lord's people who are in jail and be concerned for them. Don't forget those who are suffering, but imagine that you are there with them." [Hebrews 13:3 CEV] Their stories must be told.

Bethany House

2 editions of this book were published by Bethany House.

Editions: 0764200836, 0764212028

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,709,026 books! | Top bar: Always visible