Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand

Tortured for Christ (original 1967; edition 1998)

by Richard Wurmbrand (Author)

4,119222,973 (4.24)8
Biography & Autobiography. Religion & Spirituality. Nonfiction. After years of imprisonment and solitary confinement, enduring inhumane torture, Richard Wurmbrand emerges with a powerful testimony of courageous faith. Even today, believers are suffering and dying for Christ, yet their faith will not falter under the most unthinkable persecutions. In this stirring account, Wurmbrand (founder of The Voice of the Martyrs) encourages us to remember those in chains and equips us to help our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ around the world.… (more)
Member:FurfuralAndVanillin
Title:Tortured for Christ
Authors:Richard Wurmbrand (Author)
Info:Living Sacrifice Book Company (1998), Edition: 30th Anniversary, 169 pages

Work Information

Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand (1967)

During Pastor Wurmbrand's 14 years in solitary confinement he suffered physical & mental torture, extreme hunger & cold in communist Romania. His crime, like thousands of others, was his fervent belief in Jesus Christ and public witness concerning his faith.
  ImmanuelPPLibrary | Jun 29, 2024 |
  phoovermt | May 14, 2023 |
The History of the Underground Church - a classic account of courage, tenacious faith and unbelievable endurance!
  MenoraChurch | Nov 11, 2022 |
  StarBethlehem | Apr 11, 2022 |
"Months of solitary confinement, years of periodic physical torture, constant suffering from hunger and cold, the anguish of brain-washing and mental cruelty these are the experiences of a Romanian pastor during his fourteen years in Communist prisons. His crime, like that of thousands of others, was his fervent belief in Jesus Christ and his public witness concerning his faith. Meeting in homes, in basements, and in woods sometimes daring to preach in public on street corners these faithful souls persisted in their Christian witness knowing full well the ultimate cost of their actions. This is their story a classic account of courage, tenacious faith, and unbelievable endurance. This history of the Underground Church reflects the continuing struggle in many parts of the world today"--Page 4 of cover.
  StFrancisofAssisi | Apr 30, 2019 |
Dedication: The Rev. W. Stuart Harris, General Director of the European Christian Mission, London, who, when I was released from prison in 1964, came to Rumania as the first messenger from Christians in the West. Entering our house very late at night, after having taken may precautionary measures, he brought us the first words of love and comfort as well as the first relief for families of Christian martyrs. In their name I hereby express our gratitude.
I was brought up in a family in which no religion was recognized.

"Tortured for Christ" - After years of imprisonment and solitary confinement, enduring inhumane torture, Richard Wurmbrand emerges with a powerful testimony of courageous faith. Even today, believers are suffering and dying for Christ, yet their faith will not falter under the most unthinkable persecutions. In this stirring account, Wurmbrand (founder of The Voice of the Martyrs) encourages us to remember those in chains and equips us to help our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ around the

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,366,709 books! | Top bar: Always visible