The Age of Speed: Learning to Thrive in a…

The Age of Speed: Learning to Thrive in a More-Faster-Now World (edition 2007)

by Vince Poscente

For everyone feeling trampled by the speed of life and business, author Vince Poscente reveals how to get ahead of the rush once and for all in The Age of Speed. Unraveling the notion that in today's world we need to slow down, Poscente illustrates why harnessing the power of speed is the ultimate solution for those seeking less stress, less busyness, and more balance. The Age of Speed shows this and other groundbreaking revelations at work with case studies drawn from renegade companies such as Snapple, Netflix, Samsung, and Geico. And in the tradition of Freakonomics and The Tipping Point, a storyteller's voice enlivens its provocative research and counterintuitive insights.… (more)
Member:ADALibrary
Title:The Age of Speed: Learning to Thrive in a More-Faster-Now World
Authors:Vince Poscente
Info:Bard Press (2007), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 224 pages
Tags:professional

The Age of Speed: Learning to Thrive in a More-Faster-Now World by Vince Poscente

Some interesting ideas about speed and information overload. In the Big Blur - Out of Bounds: total time used to consist of a neat pie chart of work/home/leisure. "Today, work is no longer a place - it's a state of mind." This results in a jumble mixture of the 3. So it is time to make a new pie - in this case recognize that these contexts should be integrated around our values (rather than by a spacial construct). "Our time is more fluid, and that should be working in our favor".

Best Buy uses a Results Only Work Environment - employees have the freedom to set where, when and how work is done --- as long as the job gets done. Can we schedule work around our lives? ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
I somehow expected more of this book. The topic -- learning how to thrive in this age of technology -- ought to have been riveting. Instead, I think the author gives some pretty pedestrian suggestions. Essentially, it all boils down to using technology to reduce your time on routine tasks so you can free up time to do what you like to do. I didn't get much beyond that, though. ( )
  dmcolon | Apr 27, 2008 |

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,241,903 books! | Top bar: Always visible