HomeGroupsTalkExplore

What's Wrong, Little Pookie? (2007)

by Sandra Boynton

419753,055 (4.12)3
Mother tries to find out why little Pookie is upset.

Little Pookie feels upset but can’t articulate why, so his mom prompts him with increasingly silly reasons he might be upset until he forgets that he’s upset at all.

I’ve read a few Sandra Boynton books so far and they were fine, but this is the first one that has made me think, “Oh, I get it now. This is why she’s so good.” It’s so simple, but so relatable to how kids feel, and it feels nice to read. ( )
  norabelle414 | Jan 26, 2023 |
Gripping, cathartic, unsurpassed in its sublimity. With a refreshingly chestnut afterglow and a lugubrious sense of wet leaves stuck to your forehead on an April afternoon in a low-income Paris suburb. ( )
  garbagedump | Dec 9, 2022 |
A little pig is sad and the mother wonders why. It gets cute as she imagines outlandish possibilities.

Apparently, age 7 and a half is when my daughter started losing interest in Sandra Boynton books, as this is the last one we purchased in December of 2007. So we missed out on the rest of the Little Pookie series and almost everything Boynton has done since. Maybe catching up is a project for another day . . . ( )
  villemezbrown | May 26, 2022 |
A cute short. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
My oldest nephew LOVED this book & it would always make him stop crying if he was upset! ( )
  JacquieSchlosser | Feb 9, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

for OLIVER! CALEB! BRIAN! RENÉE!
Oh, sweet little Pookie! Your bright eyes are wet.
Come over and tell me why you are upset.

Mother tries to find out why little Pookie is upset.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,749,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible